ASR Recovery

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Paul Smith, Jan 12, 2009.

  1. Paul Smith

    Paul Smith Guest

    ASR Recovery

    Hi all,

    I found the below instructions to perform an ASR Backup. Can you please
    advise if the information is correct? I still have to try it out...:

    1. PERFORM FULL BACKUP OF EVERYTHING INCLUDING OS, USER FILES AND SYSTEM
    STATE

    2. STORE BACKUP ON A DIFFERENT HARD DRIVE.

    3. RUN NTBACKUP AND PERFORM AN ASR BACKUP. STORE IT ON THE SAME DRIVE WHERE
    FULL BACKUP IS STORED OR A SEPARATE TAPE.

    4. WHEN PROMPTED, ENTER A FLOPPY DRIVE AND LABEL IT ONCE FINISHED

    5. AT THIS POINT ONE MUST HAVE TWO BACKUP COPIES. ONE IS THE NORMAL BACKUP
    AND THE OTHER IS THE ASR BACKUP. THESE SHOULD BE STORED ON A MEDIA SEPARATE
    FROM THE FAILING ONE; BEING TAPE OR HARD DRIVE.

    6. USING THE CD OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM BOOT WITH IT AND WHEN SETUP STARTS
    PRESS F2

    7. THE SETUP WILL PROMPT TO ENTER THE ASR FLOPPY DISK. DO SO, AND PRESS
    ENTER

    8. THE RECOVERY PROCESS WILL START. AT ONE POINT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE FLOPPY
    AND RESTART. THEN CHOOSE LOCATION OF BACKUP FROM OTHER HARD DRIVE TO PROCEED
    WITH RECOVERY

    Many thanks
    P Smith

    Paul Smith, Jan 12, 2009

  2. Paul Smith

    Chris White Guest

    yeah thats about it but if i were you will do some more reading on the
    topoic

    Chris White, Jan 13, 2009