    I'm trying to decide whether it's worth implementing ASR backups or just
    plan on manual rebuilds and restore system state from tape if a server dies.

    Dave

    Dave, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Dave

    Burnsie Guest

    The main problem i've has with system restore is if you
    get infected with a virus then it backs this up also. Once
    you have cleaned your machine the virus still exists in
    the resore point. for this reason we do not us ASR at my
    place.

    I'm still a fan of the plain old rebuild - Servers always
    seem to perform so much beter after a rebuild.

    Burnsie, Dec 17, 2003