ASPI.SYS Not installed correctly

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SteveF, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. SteveF

    SteveF Guest

    This may not be the correct usenet group. If anyione know of a better
    one to post my question please let me know.

    I have nero version 6.3.1.20

    When I go into the Nero Info tool and click on ASPI tab for "system
    ASPI" there is a red box awith the message "ASPI is a installation is
    corrupted"

    There are 4 files listed

    WNASPI32.dll 4.71(0002) 17/7/02
    aspi32.sys 4.71 (0002) built by WINDDk 17/7/02
    winaspi.dll 4.61(1021) 10/09/99
    wowpost.exe 4.61(1021) 10/09/99
    How do i get ASPI isntalled correctly?

    Regards
    STeve Fisher

    SteveF, Aug 27, 2004

  2. SteveF

    ICee Guest

    Reinstall it.
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...m/Microsoft+Windows+XP&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?D6EC25629

    ICee, Aug 27, 2004

  3. SteveF

    Ingeborg Guest

    http://www.nu2.nu/aspi/

    Ingeborg, Aug 27, 2004
  4. SteveF

    Pennywise Guest

    http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

    Pennywise, Aug 27, 2004
  5. SteveF

    Digiti Guest

    My AspiCheck shows the same for my Winxp but this is the correct
    conformation WNASPI32.dll 4.71.2, Aspi32.sys 4.71.2 ,WOWPOST.EXE 4.61,and
    WINASPI.dll 4.6 for this OS as far I can see from my readings, unless you
    revert to ASPI 4.6 which is not recommended. Nerocheck says that it is not
    properly installed for me as well. However, my Nero 5.5,EAC, DVDXCOPY etc.
    work just fine with this. If you have any problems you can copy a NeroAspi
    downloaded from their website into the offending application's directory in
    order to make that software work properly.

    Digiti, Aug 27, 2004