ASP.NET: Asign Users in Roles(Array.IndexOf(Of String) method)

Discussion in 'Software' started by msandlana, Apr 25, 2008.

  1. msandlana

    msandlana

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    South Africa, Cape Town
    Can anyone help me with this code below I downloaded and this line does not work coz I'm using ASP.NET 2.0 I'm still new on asp.net. Is there anyone who know the Array.IndexOf(Of String) method

    The Linq.Enumerable.Contains(Of String)(...) syntax will not compile if you are using ASP.NET version 2.0. The Contains(Of String) method is part of the LINQ library, which is new to ASP.NET 3.5. If you are still using ASP.NET version 2.0, use the Array.IndexOf(Of String) method instead

    Private Sub CheckRolesForSelectedUser()
    ' Determine what roles the selected user belongs to
    Dim selectedUserName As String = UserList.SelectedValue
    Dim selectedUsersRoles() As String = Roles.GetRolesForUser(selectedUserName)

    ' Loop through the Repeater's Items and check or uncheck the checkbox as needed
    For Each ri As RepeaterItem In UsersRoleList.Items
    ' Programmatically reference the CheckBox
    Dim RoleCheckBox As CheckBox = CType(ri.FindControl("RoleCheckBox"), CheckBox)
    ' See if RoleCheckBox.Text is in selectedUsersRoles
    If Linq.Enumerable.Contains(Of String)(selectedUsersRoles, RoleCheckBox.Text) Then
    RoleCheckBox.Checked = True
    Else
    RoleCheckBox.Checked = False
    End If Next End Sub