    outside 10.0.0.1

    do we need to use nat?

    please help

    newbies, Jul 19, 2005

  2. newbies

    rave Guest

    I would suggest you to run the adsl modem in bridge mode and assign the
    public IP address to the outside interface of the pix via PPPoE.
    you can search for PPPoE config on the cisco's site to do the same.
    then of course if you wanna allow users behind the pix to go out to the
    internet you need to configure nat/pat:
    nat (inside) 1 0 0
    global (outside) 1 interface

    rave, Jul 19, 2005