    are the other trains for? I cant locate a Cisco page outlining such
    info. Any help is appreciated!

    GNY

    GNY, Aug 7, 2007

  2. As a matter of terminology: ASA doesn't use IOS, and its
    versions are called releases, not trains.

    Each release introduced new features and sometimes new hardware.
    See http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/produc/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/
    and under each version, there is a Release Notes link.

    Walter Roberson, Aug 7, 2007

  3. GNY

    GNY Guest

    Walter,

    Correct about the terminology, but Cisco does call them trains, its
    another way of saying releases, group, etc. Dont be so snooty, I'm not
    as knowing as you. Arent we all talking as co-parts (buddies) on this
    list?

    Moving forward.. Should I stick with the 7.0.x releases for my ASA
    5520 and SSM module?

    I have reviewed the release notes, but there isnt any definitive
    description of differences in each set of releases, with respect to
    digit release (7.0.x 7.1.x 7.2.x). So would going to the 7.2.2 hurt me
    if I loaded if onto my ASA 5520 which came with 7.0.(7).

    Just asking simple questions Walter :) Sorry if I annoyed you in any
    way.

    Thanks

    GNY

    GNY, Aug 7, 2007