ASA 55xx login by ACS (TACACS/RADIUS)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by asidko, Apr 5, 2010.

  1. asidko

    asidko

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    When I log in via ssh to an ASA configured with

    aaa-server ACS-Servers protocol radius
    aaa-server ACS-Servers (outside) host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

    I don't get privilege level 15 as I should. I have to execute the
    "enable" command explicitly. Then the prompt changes and
    privileged commands work.

    On IOS routers this works as expected, ie. the ssh login directly
    gives me a privileged prompt.

    Am I doing something wrong? Is that a known bug/feature?

    asidko, Apr 5, 2010