    mode.

    Is there no way to do this?

    Thanks

    tman, Apr 15, 2008

  2. tman

    tman Guest

    I was connecting an el cheapo Linksys switch to the ASA using a
    staraight-through cable from the uplink port to an inside port on the
    ASA. This did not work. A straight-through or a cross-over from a
    regular port on the Linksys to an inside port on the ASA works. I
    guess the uplink port on the ASA confuses the autosensing on the
    ASA. :)

    tman, Apr 18, 2008

  3. tman

    News Reader Guest

    Sometimes the uplink port on a device is an "either/or".

    E.g.: You can use port x on the switch OR the uplink, but not both
    simultaneously.

    Perhaps, while connecting the uplink, the port which it is associated
    with had a device connected to it.

    Best Regards,
    News Reader

    News Reader, Apr 18, 2008