AS5400XM not seeing new AS5X-FC feature cards

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lamont, Feb 28, 2012.

  1. lamont

    lamont

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    For some reason my AS5400XM isn't recognizing the newly installed AS5X-FC feature cards with PVDM2 on them.

    I've tried to methods of getting the box to see the feature cards. 1) I've inserted them into the box before booting and, 2) I've inserted them while the box was up. Both failed to get the "OK" lights to go solid though the "OK" light did turn on and off for a fraction of a second for each card.

    The detail out of several command follow...

    When I insert the AS5X-FC's into the AS5400XM after its already booted I get:
    Card inserted in slot 1, interfaces administratively shutdown
    Carrier-3-power-DFC Power On Failed-DFC1

    After I've inserted it or, after I've booted with the cards already inserted into the machine, I get:
    Slot 1:
    DFC type is AS5400XM Unknown DFC
    DFC is not powered

    OIR events:
    Number of insertions = 0, Number of removals = 0
    DFC State is DFC_S_BAD

    Slot 2:
    DFC type is AS5400XM Empty DFC
    DFC is not powered

    OIR events:
    Number of insertions = 0, Number of removals = 0

    Slot 3:
    DFC type is AS5400XM Unknown DFC
    DFC is not powered

    OIR events:
    Number of insertions = 0, Number of removals = 0
    DFC State is DFC_S_BAD

    And also, as expected, the "show voice dsp detailed" command returns nothing:

    as5400XM1#show voice dsp detailed

    DSP DSP DSPWARE CURR BOOT PAK TX/RX
    TYPE NUM CH CODEC VERSION STATE STATE RST AI VOICEPORT TS ABORT PACK COUNT
    ==== === == ======== ======= ===== ======= === == ========= == ===== ============

    as5400XM1#

    The cards are also NOT in busy out state; they are simply powered down...

    as5400XM1#show busyout 1
    DFC in slot 1 is powered down.

    as5400XM1#show busyout 3
    DFC in slot 3 is powered down.

    And, as expected, the "show chassis"command doesn't know whats in the slots...

    as5400XM1#show chassis slot 1

    Slot 1:
    DFC type is AS5400XM Unknown DFC
    DFC is not powered

    OIR events:
    Number of insertions = 0, Number of removals = 0
    DFC State is DFC_S_BAD

    as5400XM1#show chassis slot 3

    Slot 3:
    DFC type is AS5400XM Unknown DFC
    DFC is not powered

    OIR events:
    Number of insertions = 0, Number of removals = 0
    DFC State is DFC_S_BAD

    as5400XM1#

    Any ideas on how I can get the box to see these cards? Each as 64 dsps on them.

    lamont, Feb 28, 2012

  2. lamont

    lamont

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    ...turns out the image that was the boot-up image did not recognize the AS5X-FC cards (for whatever reason). Fortunately, I was able to demonstrate that they were recognized by a different image on a separate box before switching to that same (different) image on the original box from its flash storage. The original box now sees the AS5X-FC cards.

    summing:
    original image: c5400-ik9s-mz.124-6.T.bin
    final image: c5400-is-mz.124-9.T1.bin

    lamont, Apr 11, 2012