as5300, modem plain old tcp connection

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jeroen, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Jeroen

    Jeroen Guest

    Hi All.

    I've a cisco 5300 with analogue en isdn modem, ppp connection, vpdn etc.
    etc. and Radius, all working fine.

    But i'd like to make a configuration on an other AS5300 that works like
    this:
    People call-in the AS with modem or ISDN and in stead of a PPP connection
    with the AS, the AS redirect them to a unix-telnet server.

    Like
    virtual-template 1
    no encapsulation ppp
    redirect 10.1.1.2 23
    no authentication pap chap
    end

    How can I do that. I searched cisco but I did not find anything on this
    topic.
    But may be it's bacause i do not know the cisco name for this funtion

    Jeroen
    the netherlands

    Jeroen, Jan 30, 2004

  2. ~ Hi All.
    ~
[...]

    On the AS5300 itself, you can just do this:

    for modem calls:

    line 1 120
    autocommand telnet w.x.y.z

    For ISDN calls - that depends on what kind of ISDN call you're making.
    If V.110, the calls terminate on modem lines so would be just like
    analog modem calls. If V.120, the calls terminate on vtys, so I would
    use:

    line vty 0 4
    transport input telnet ! don't want V.120 landing on these
    line vty 5 100
    transport input v120
    autocommand telnet w.x.y.z

    For sync PPP calls - well, if the callers are doing PPP, then you
    can't force them to use telnet. They'll have to bring up an IP
    over PPP link, then telnet to w.x.y.z themselves. (Or you can
    teach the users to use V.120/V.110 rather than PPP.)

    Instead of putting "autocommand telnet" on the lines, you can feed
    the command down from RADIUS.

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Jeroen

    Jeroen Guest

    Aaron,

    That worked very nice thank you.
    I don't think that they call-in with PPP, beacuse these users have plain-old
    MS-DOS OS running for some strange application

    My office has big-old-museum -ready modem-racks and i've 2 cisco-5300.... so
    gues whois going to replace who????!!! (kidding)

    Thanks for the advice

    Jeroen
    The Netherlands

    Jeroen, Feb 3, 2004