AS5300 DSP Allocation

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Hamed, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Hamed

    Hamed Guest

    Hi,

    We've had a Cisco AS5300 T1 Voip in our office, but we wanted to convert
    that unit to support E1. We changed the T1/PRI Module to an Octal E1/PRI. We
    didnt change the DSP or added DSP modules to the unit so the system still
    had 96 dsp channels.

    We obviously cannot use all the ports on the E1 and can use only 96 active
    channels, but the question i have is, if i am only using "one" E1 on the
    AS5300 unit that only requires 30 DSP channels, does the AS allocate enough
    DSP to the E1 to support the 30? or could there some bchannels without a DSP
    resource since the system was original set for 96 DSP as a T1.

    How can i check whether all my ports have DSP allocation? I remmeber on
    NM-HDV and cisco 3640s i could do a "show voice dsp" to show all the DSPs
    assigned to all channels, but this is command shows empty list on the
    AS5300.

    Thanks
    Hamed

    Hamed, Feb 28, 2004

  2. The AS5000s treat the DSPs as a pooled resource.
    A DSP will be allocated to each call as it comes in
    and will be freed when the call terminates.

    So your 96 DSPs should be more than plenty for
    your one E1.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hi,