    Maybe since I'm a guy with no pratical experience in the IT, the MCDST
    would be better? Any/all advice or recommendations would be greatly
    appreciated!

    Karl, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Karl

    nerd32768 Guest

    If i were you, i would upgrade from 2000 to 2003 and still keep your MCSA
    the only test you have to take is the 70-292. I am currently in about the
    same situation, but i don't have time to study for tests during the
    schoolyear. The MCDST exams are entry level certs, and would not expose you
    to the level of difficulty necessary to keep a job

    nerd32768, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Karl

    Lee Umney Guest

    I have a few friends doing the MCDST, they say it mainly supporting Office,
    Outlook and Internet Explorer on a XP system, 70-270 is more indepth with XP,
    Installing, Configuring and maintaining XP Pro, i.e. more Admin side then
    techie/support side.
    As said above I would do the upgrade exam to MCSA 2003.

    Lee Umney, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Karl

    Guest Guest

    Congrats. I take my 70-218 next week. That will give me
    my MCSA. Hope to join you in the ranks of the MCSA
    bretheren! LOL

    Guest, Nov 1, 2004