Artpix dg50 Dital Photo Frame - JPEG Image Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Donald Stouder, Jun 26, 2005.

  1. Hello Everyone,

    I have the digital photo frame identified in the subject. I like the
    frame, and it works as advertised, except for one nagging problem. If
    I save a JPEG image out of Photoshop CS or Elements 3, and certain
    other programs at the resolution suggested by Artpix, they are either
    ignored by the digital frame or cause an error message - I'm sorry but
    I can not quite remember it exactly. It also, does not like my JPEG
    images right out of the camera (Oly C2000 or Nikon 5700)

    The only way that I have been able to get the DG50 frame to display an
    image is to load int into Paint and then resave it from there. It's as
    if the frame can not handle all of the other fields used in JPEG
    format for EXIF data etc. I have used the Standard setting in both
    PSE 3 and PS CS.

    Does anyone have this frame? Have you had similar problems? What
    program do you use or work around? I have downloaded what apperas to
    be the latest firmware, V 01; I know that does not look like a
    revised number but all of the installation messages indicated a
    succesful update.

    Any ideas?

    TIA

    Don S.

    Donald Stouder, Jun 26, 2005

  2. Donald Stouder

    Frank ess Guest

    The only not-computer JPEG-reading device I have doesn't show
    "progressive" JPEGs. No errors, adequate manipulation, file-wise, but
    the images just don't show up. Not-progressive JPEGs are all OK.

    Frank ess, Jun 26, 2005

  3. Thaks for the feedback. I always use the non-progressive option,
    because a few years ago I had probems with non-photo editing programs
    reading progressive files.

    I have tha question into Artpix, but so far no reply.

    Don S.

    Donald Stouder, Jun 28, 2005