Artefacts

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pablo, Jan 1, 2014.

  1. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    Pablo, Jan 1, 2014

  2. Dust on the sensor?

    Polly the Parrott, Jan 1, 2014

  3. Pablo

    Tony Cooper Guest

    They appear to be just something reflective in the ground under the
    shell that have caught the light. The light is coming from the left
    side of the image, so they show up there. There are some similar
    points on the right side, but they don't show as much because the
    light didn't catch them.

    Tony Cooper, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Pablo

    David Taylor Guest

    Looked more like JPEG errors to me. Too colourful for sensor dust.

    David Taylor, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Pablo

    android Guest

    I second that.

    android, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Pablo

    Pablo Guest

    I think they were there in the raw. Don't have time to confirm right now.
    Thanks all. I'm not concerned about them, simply curious. I only took the
    picture because my wife told me to. Apparently, I complain of lack of
    photographic inspiration.

    --

    Pablo

    http://www.ipernity.com/home/313627
    http://paulc.es/

    Pablo, Jan 2, 2014
  7. Pablo

    PeterN Guest

    It sounds as if you have run into the common situation of artist block.
    The harder you try to overcome it, the worse it gets. Your wife senses
    the situation. When I run into that situation, I have found that just
    relaxing and turning to something else, helps. If your inspiration comes
    back, great. If not, hopefully, your eating and mortgage paying ability
    will not suffer. I've ben there. Had a block that lasted ten years.

    PeterN, Jan 2, 2014
  8. Pablo

    Martin Brown Guest

    Fine drops of water on the ground catching the sunlight and reflecting
    selected fairly pure colours in the direction of the camera. A tiny
    version of a rainbow but with very few points contributing.

    Martin Brown, Jan 3, 2014
  9. Pablo

    Martin Brown Guest

    Certainly not as bright or saturated in colour on the far side. The sun
    to camera angle has to be just right to be in the rainbow zone.
    Definitely not JPEG errors in any way shape or form they are too big and
    convolved with the psf of the lens.

    But not too colourful for water droplets seen at the right angle.

    Martin Brown, Jan 3, 2014
  10. Pablo

    Martin Brown Guest

    Certainly not as bright or saturated in colour on the far side. The sun
    to camera angle has to be just right to be in the rainbow zone.
    Definitely not JPEG errors in any way shape or form they are too big and
    clearly convolved with the psf of the lens.

    But not too colourful for water droplets seen at the right angle.

    Martin Brown, Jan 3, 2014
  11. Pablo

    David Taylor Guest

    Agreed - I said they "looked like" JPEG errors, not that they "were"
    JPEG errors as I would expect those to be spread over an 8x8 or 16x16
    block. It was the colour intensity and the artefact size which made me
    say that.

    The image was too small for me to judge PSF.

    David Taylor, Jan 3, 2014