    Phil Guest

    What are the pros and cons of enabling the ARP Caching on my 1100/1200
    access point?

    Phil, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Phil

    mh Guest

    The benefit is performance improvemnt because you do not broadcast
    ARPs.

    Cannot think of any disadvantages.

    Make sure you are using the latest AP IOS version since there was a
    bug with the arp cache feature for APs configured as a repeater.

    Other perfroamce considerations:
    .. disable CDP
    .. block SNMP
    .. consider blocking other types of unnecessary outbound broadcast
    traffic
    like NETBIOS

    mh, Aug 21, 2004