    network 10.9.252.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

    thank you
    Benson

    Benson, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Benson

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    You can get some unexpected results doing that. It looks like it should
    work, since network statements should act like access lists (first thing
    first). If you want to be sure what you're doing, you can specify the
    interfaces themself (with wildcard mask 0.0.0.0).

    It might be much easier this way when problems come in and you need to
    troubleshoot.

    Ivan Ostres, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Benson

    Vikram Guest

    I believe u cannot have n/w 's

    network 10.9.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 9
    network 10.9.252.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

    defined like the one above, since on u'r Area Boundary Router (for
    Area 9) u will need to summarize 10.9.0.0 network and advertise .

    Regds,
    Vikram

    Vikram, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Benson

    Hansang Bae Guest

    YOu can do the above. But based on your earlier question, you may want
    to research what it is you're trying to accomplish. It's quite easy to
    break OSPF if you don't design it properly.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Aug 18, 2004
  5. Benson

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Oops.. didn't see the overlapping wildcard mask.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Aug 18, 2004
  6. Benson

    Benson Guest

    Hi, Ivan,

    Thank you for your help.
    Could you please tell me something about the "unexpected result" ?

    And show me how to configure the "If you want to be sure what you're
    doing, you can specify the interfaces themself (with wildcard mask
    0.0.0.0). " ?

    Thank you

    Benson, Aug 18, 2004
  7. Benson

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    Let's say you have following interfaces:

    int faste 0/1
    ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

    int faste 0/2
    ip address 10.11.12.13 255.255.255.0

    router ospf 1
    network 10.10.10.1 0.0.0.0 area 0
    network 10.11.12.13 0.0.0.0 area 9

    You don't need to specify networks (in ospf), just interfaces that
    participate in OSPF process.

    Ivan Ostres, Aug 18, 2004
  8. Benson

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Please don't take this the wrong way, but if your company is expecting
    you to connect the two companies together, you really should get some
    help making this happen.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Aug 19, 2004