    Ray Fischer Guest

    Why do you assume that everybody has your lack of ethics?
    You really hate educated people, don't you? And it's even obvious why.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 5, 2006

  2. baker1

    Ray Fischer Guest

    And actually providing IrDA support would have been too obvious a
    solution. Apple didn't even provide the documentation needed to allow
    3rd party developers to add functionality.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 5, 2006

  3. baker1

    Ray Fischer Guest

    It's certainly making Microsoft nervous. There are a lot of
    governments and corporations unwilling to accept Microsoft's
    control.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 5, 2006
  4. baker1

    Ray Fischer Guest

    When Microsoft said it was secure, robust, and high performance.

    Why, don't you believe Microsoft?

    Ray Fischer, Jan 5, 2006
  5. baker1

    Adrian Hoe Guest

    Oh yes. I forgot. Mac OS X and other UNIXes have very few virus
    problem. Even if there is any, the only place the virus can infect is
    your home directory. The damage is limited to a very tiny area in your
    system. So far, I have not had any virus problems on Mac OS X, Solaris
    and Linux. Windows? You know it, dont' you?

    Adrian Hoe, Jan 5, 2006
  6. baker1

    Stewy Guest

    I tend to agree with you. After using Wintel since the days of klunky
    Win95, OS10.2 seemed a radical departure. I had got used to the 3 or 4
    different ways of doing something with Windows, the Mac one-and-only-one
    way of doing it the 'Mac' way made getting used to the machine,
    difficult. However, buying a new WinXP machine last year made me realize
    just how cumbersome and bloated Windows had become - the new G5 iMac
    seems awfully tempting as I'm struggling with a combi-drive on my G4.

    Stewy, Jan 9, 2006