    congratulate you and say that you're a clever devil, but then I'd
    most assuredly be accused of demonization. Take a tip from the
    exceedingly wise Bugs Bunny and "unlax, doc". :)

    ASAAR, Dec 28, 2005

  2. baker1

    Bystander Guest

    Yes, but... oh, see below.
    Well, y'know, I wasn't actually referring to your domestic
    circumstances, or your transportation choices. What I was wondering was
    whether you had some information about Mac sales less than 12 months old
    -- unlike the two articles you quoted. Oh, I'm sorry -- the John Dvorak
    (mostly fact-free) opinion piece you quoted _was_ less than a year old.
    One day less.

    In the intervening period the crisis Dvorak predicted was about to
    overtake Apple has of course arrived, assuming he meant record high
    Apple stock prices.

    If you weren't platform bashing, why didn't you quote something
    up-to-date?

    I vaguely recall the original poster wanted some advice about whether or
    not to get a Mac, because he was interested in getting in to digital
    video (so this entire thread was off-topic for this newsgroup from the
    get-go). I believe I suggested that he should go with Final Cut, because
    that's the industry standard for digital video, and therefore he would
    need a Mac to run it. I also suggested he might wait until the Intel CPU
    Macs appear, which will probably be next month.

    I felt entitled to offer these suggestions based on my first-hand
    experience of both PC and Mac platforms. Was that so bad?

    Now, your experience of Macs is...?

    A rhetorical question; no answer is required.

    Bystander, Dec 28, 2005

  3. Nah, it's works very well. I have not had one XP crash since I've been
    using it - and I've been using it since it was first released. I've had
    random applications crash but never the OS which recovers nicely when an app
    crashes.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Dec 28, 2005
  4. I tend to disagree, with the current level of spyware, adware
    and viruses geared toward the PC I would rather spend my time
    actually using my computer than to frequently fight these issues. However
    if you keep your PC offline or are perhaps more literate or a programer
    the PC should be fine.

    I've yet to need or run virus software on any Mac I have owned, I did
    at one point install on OS 7.5.3 but it made the computer run a lot
    slower, so I deleted the program. No one I have ever given files
    to has ever had a problem-and my machine runs suitably fast.

    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 28, 2005
  5. We should see how that plays out before making sweeping
    commentary.

    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 28, 2005
  6. Like fervent gWb supporters. ;-)

    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 28, 2005
  7. baker1

    Cynicor Guest

    They've got about the same market share as the Mac does these days.

    Cynicor, Dec 28, 2005
  8. baker1

    Bill Funk Guest

    This really is more than just life & death to you, isn't it?

    Bill Funk, Dec 28, 2005
  9. baker1

    Bill Funk Guest

    I don't understand.
    Are you thinking that Apple will go back?

    Bill Funk, Dec 28, 2005
  10. baker1

    Bill Funk Guest

    Stop being so disingenuous. You know perfectly well that he was asking
    if you had any information less than a year old to support your anti-Mac
    tirades. *That* has plenty to do with what you wrote.[/QUOTE]

    See, here's another zealot.
    Tirades? Get serious.

    Bill Funk, Dec 28, 2005
  11. Hopefully less :)

    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 28, 2005
  12. I think he has a valid point, either you can support your statements or
    not.

    Little Green Eyed Dragon, Dec 28, 2005
  13. baker1

    Nikon User Guest

    See, here's another zealot. Tirades? Get serious.[/QUOTE]

    I understand now; anyone who disagrees with you is a zealot.

    Nikon User, Dec 28, 2005
  14. baker1

    eyalnevo Guest

    CORRECTION DEAR AMERICANS
    The difference was not noticeable when taping horrible quality NTSC
    shows, but in the rest of the world, with the higher resolution signal
    PAL the difference was huge.
    it was especially significant with new library tapes. VHS was just
    terrible and for years we did our best to find Beta tapes.
    It all comes down to this- all you cult members (Mac fanatics, and Mac
    haters) are trying to resolve quality arguments where there are none.
    it doesn't matter if Mac is a better system than Windows because very
    few people use both- it's like determine what feels better for men-
    circumcised or uncircumcised penis- no one tried both... the real issue
    is marketing and strategic decision making, and there is no doubt that
    Microsoft has been consistently better in that in the early years.
    Later, when Bill totally missed the Internet (people tend to forget
    it), it took him maybe 2 years to reclaim it because Microsoft has now
    the critical mass to do just about anything and be bullet proof; for
    Apple, it may be enough to make one bad decision, like switching to
    Intel and the whole thing could crumble.

    eyalnevo, Dec 28, 2005
  15. baker1

    Nikon User Guest

    You're wrong about that. I've known men who have been circumcised when
    they were adults. Besides, the more important thing is which feels
    better for women. <g>

    Nikon User, Dec 28, 2005
  16. baker1

    Bill Funk Guest

    I understand now; anyone who disagrees with you is a zealot.[/QUOTE]

    Everyone who sees any criticism as bashing is indeed a zealot.
    That's what makes him a zealot; not that he disagrees, but that he
    sees anything that doesn't praise his Mac as bashing.

    Bill Funk, Dec 28, 2005
  17. baker1

    eyalnevo Guest

    grown men circumcision is different; people who were circumcised as
    babies can't compare. as for women, I think there is a concesus, at
    least that's what they all tell me (hint- I'm Jewish)

    eyalnevo, Dec 28, 2005

  18. Yeah! Many women mush have tried both. Have you asked the women?

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Dec 28, 2005

  19. No way. If you can't beat them, join them. Once you tried Pentium Mac, you
    can never go back.

    WannabeSomeone, Dec 28, 2005
  20. How did you come to that conclusion when the headers of the post
    clearly show that it is not the case? I guess it is because you most
    likely are a dickhead.

    Anyway, I am not an AOL user, but your I am sure your average AOL
    subscriber would look like an intellectual giant when compared with
    you.

    Feck Arse Drink, Dec 28, 2005