    the battery if your working for me.

    Sorry, my 2 cents from 20 yrs experience. Should we really dumb
    ourselves down for these tests?

    wearearewe, Feb 5, 2008

  2. wearearewe

    wearearewe Guest

    There's some junk on the exams, and some great stuff, too.

    Thanks John!

    I agree there is some good stuff in there. I expect my tech's to
    become certified so I figured I'd whip through the tests in a week or
    so. NOT! The design is obviously to create well rounded tech's, which
    is good.

    - Jeff J

    wearearewe, Feb 6, 2008

  3. wearearewe

    Mister Guest

    I have to agree, some of the questions are very odd. I was able to
    get A+, Network+ and Security+ certified in 3 months. I did one a
    month. Then I attempted the Linux+ exam and missed passing by 6
    points. That was a very difficult exam. It's been over a year and
    didn't bother to try it again. I think I will go for the MCSE exams.
    Let us know how you do on the A+ exam.

    Mister, Feb 6, 2008
  4. wearearewe

    smackedass Guest

    I wouldn't sweat it too much. Yes, there might be a few silly questions on
    the test, just as there will be on any test, but if you are able to
    consistently score well on practice tests (90%+), you won't have a problem.
    But don't blow off practice tests.

    smackedass

    smackedass, Feb 6, 2008
  5. wearearewe

    Bill Eitner Guest

    After following this thread, something that hasn't been
    mentioned is the relationship between the questions and
    answers. The objective is to pick the best answer,
    not look at the question in a vacuum. In the question
    mentioned, was A the best answer of the bunch? That's
    one key to passing the tests (for those with experience).
    For the duration of the tests, what you know to be true
    and/or logical doesn't matter. Confine your perspective
    to each question and only the answers offered. Pick the
    answer that best agrees with the material you studied
    and the practice tests you've taken.

    Bill Eitner, Feb 20, 2008