Are there are good, honest, discount deals on digital cameras?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by byulawman2002, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. I know enough to stay away from the Brooklyn Bait and Switchers. But
    are there any discount stores that are legitimate?

    byulawman2002, Jun 16, 2004

  2. byulawman2002

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Jun 16, 2004

  3. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/. And if you are in New York City, visit this
    amazing store at 9th Ave. and 33rd St.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jun 16, 2004
  4. The cheapest legitimate store is buydig.com. B&H and Adorama are more
    expensive, but also reliable.

    Check resellerratings.com. The really horrible places like royalcamera.com
    are easy to determine.

    Steven M. Scharf, Jun 16, 2004
  5. byulawman2002

    Guest Guest

    I've had good results with all three, as well as http://smilephotovideo.
    com/

    Guest, Jun 16, 2004
  6. byulawman2002

    leo Guest

    Shopping at the B&H store is a painstaking, time consuming experience. I do
    mail order from them. I live in CT, so if something goes wrong, I can easily
    go to the city to have them replaced without the hassle of shipping and
    waiting. They generally have good price in professional photography gears,
    but if one is looking for digital cameras, they can find a much better deal
    in smaller mail order houses, like buydig and they're pretty reliable. Use
    pricegrabber to check user rating.

    leo, Jun 17, 2004