    GraB Guest

    There are plenty of Ubuntu ones, I have one, but would be interested
    in seeing Ubuntu's version of KDE.

    GraB, Sep 28, 2005

  2. GraB

    Chris Hope Guest

    They don't ship them for free like Ubuntu does. It's a separate project.

    Chris Hope, Sep 28, 2005

  3. GraB

    shannon Guest

    Try
    sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

    shannon, Sep 28, 2005
  4. GraB

    Chris Hope Guest

    There's that too, but he was asking for live cds ;)

    Chris Hope, Sep 28, 2005
  5. GraB

    shannon Guest

    Yeah, I've only got the install Cds, sorry.
    Its not really that separate if its in the same repositaries.

    shannon, Sep 28, 2005
  6. GraB

    Adam Guest

    I don't think there is a LiveCD for Kubuntu as such - so there's no
    way of seeing what it'd look like without actually installing Ubuntu
    then doing the apt-get dance - as someone else mentioned.

    Adam.

    Adam, Sep 28, 2005
  7. GraB

    Chris Hope Guest

    There are both separate live and install CDs for Kubuntu just as there
    are for Ubuntu, for the same three platforms (ppc, x86, x86-64). I know
    as I sell them both.

    Chris Hope, Sep 28, 2005
  8. GraB

    Adam Guest

    Heh (ooops!) .. well there you go then! Thank you, Sir!

    Adam.

    Adam, Sep 28, 2005
  9. GraB

    Thor Guest

    Well since there is a link to it from the official kubuntu website I would
    have thought you were able to find that yourself. Or do you need your
    nappies changed as well.

    try using http://www.kubuntu.org and your brains and finding it, it's a good
    exercise for you.

    Thor, Sep 28, 2005
  10. GraB

    Chris Hope Guest

    Oh by the way, if anyone was planning on downloading it, don't get the
    5.04.3 / KDE 3.4.1 version. There are issues with it and it won't boot
    up on many systems. Better to go for the 5.04 version instead. Or you
    could wait until next month when the 5.10 version will be released.

    Chris Hope, Sep 28, 2005
  11. GraB

    Chris Hope Guest

    doh - that should have read 5.04.5 / KDE 3.4.2. I don't know if there
    are the same issues with the 5.04.3 release.

    Chris Hope, Sep 28, 2005
  12. GraB

    shannon Guest

    They were being given away at a recent Wellington LUG meeting.

    shannon, Sep 29, 2005
  13. GraB

    Adam Guest

    Well, thank you kindly for that. Did the dog just eat your favourite
    teddy bear? I wonder how many more customers you may get if you were a
    tad more polite.

    Adam.

    Adam, Sep 29, 2005
  14. GraB

    Gordon Guest

    Yes, but have you tried them? ;-) Sorry, could not resist.

    Gordon, Sep 29, 2005
  15. GraB

    Chris Hope Guest

    Yep. I've tried the live version of Kubuntu. I can't remember if I used
    the install version or not. If I did it would have been on my iBook.
    Then again it may only have been Ubuntu I tried on that.

    Chris Hope, Sep 29, 2005
  16. GraB

    shannon Guest

    Its plain KDE like Knoppix but with the same sudo config as Ubuntu
    It comes without java j2re or flash plugins, or mpeg, its very much
    Debian testing

    shannon, Sep 29, 2005