Are there any Belkin router users out there?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by OM, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. OM

    OM Guest

    Is there anyone else here who uses a Belkin router for VOIP?
    I'm a beginner here... and can't get my account voipfone.co.uk and
    voipbuster to work.
    So far... I've only found one other person!

    The router doesn't seem to have inherent port forwarding as is required
    for VOIP calls. The problem is that you can only specify 20 ports to
    forward.

    Both voipfone.co.uk and voipbuster work fine in my office.

    I've upgraded to the latest firmware and there doesn't seem to be any
    range port forwarding.

    I've turned on UPnP... but still no joy.

    I'd be really interested to know what settings other people have.

    Thanks.

    OM

    OM, Sep 26, 2005

  2. what model is this ? I have a Belkin with VoIP going through it.

    the Application gateways page in the setup can open multiple ports
    based on one trigger port.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Sep 27, 2005

  3. OM

    Bill Guest

    I have a Belkin 7630.
    If you log in to your router and go to
    http://192.168.2.1/firewall_spi_h.stm and uncheck SPI and Anti-DoS
    firewall protection it should work.
    It does for me. I think a found this piece of info in an old posting
    on this group. So thanks to the author!

    Bill, Sep 27, 2005
  4. OM

    OM Guest

    Phil/Bill thanks for the replies.

    I've got a 7630 as well.
    I've felt like throwing it out of the window because I couldn't get it
    to work with VOIP.
    I'll try that about SPI and Dos Firewall and will let you know how I
    get on.

    Can't remember what SPI stands for... but isn't that supposed to be a
    firewall!?
    (I'm sure I've read in the literature of routers that they have two
    firewalls, one of them being SPI??)
    Let me know what you think.

    OM, Sep 28, 2005
  5. OM

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Stateful packet inspection
    Yes.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 28, 2005
  6. OM

    OM Guest

    The router doesn't seem to have inherent port forwarding as is required
    hmm... i've trie that.
    can u tell me exactly what ports u have and which ones are trigger
    ones?
    AND do you use virtual gateways? i thought this gave the prot
    forwarding functionality??

    OM, Sep 28, 2005
  7. OM

    OM Guest

    Can't remember what SPI stands for...
    erm does that mean you shouldn't really turn spi off?

    OM, Sep 28, 2005
  8. as of this evening I don't have any as I just reflashed the things
    firmware to a more recent version.

    I'll bring the PAP2 home tomorrow for a play. The BTBBV Cisco box is
    sat working OK. I wrote the following last time I played
    http://yarwell.blogspot.com/2005/07/linksys-pap2-na-day-2.html which
    implies only ports 5060 and 5061 were set up as virtual servers.

    Have you tried the DMZ function to ensure it works in the first place
    ie set the DMZ to be the ATA or whatever you're using (sorry, I
    forgot)

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Sep 28, 2005
  9. correct. Bit like taking the armour off a tank to see if it helps the
    oil pressure in the engine.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Sep 28, 2005
  10. OM

    OM Guest

    Have you tried the DMZ function to ensure it works in the first place
    ata?
    from what i understand that is the hardware ox through which i have a
    phone connected?
    i dont have an ata in that case.
    i'm just trying to use a software phone.
    apologies if i misunderstand what ur saying.

    OM, Sep 30, 2005
  11. I was lazy and didn't look back to see what you were doing. Anyways,
    the Belkin got a firware upgrade so I cleared all the port forwarding
    and other stuff out "accidentally". My ATA worked fine this evening. I
    have a Belkin 7632.

    What softphone are you using and what settings have you put in it ?
    and what forwarding or open ports on the router ?

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Sep 30, 2005
  12. OM

    OM Guest

    What softphone are you using and what settings have you put in it ?
    i've only got 5060 and 5065 open as virtual servers.
    (voipfne.co.uk told me to do this.)
    their service works intermittently.
    i upgraded to the latest firmware, but didn't get any extra
    functionality lik eport range forwarding.

    i can't use other services like voipbuster for example.

    OM, Oct 2, 2005
  13. sorry, I lost track. Can you remind me what service you are trying to
    use with what software and I'll try to replicate. Free signup services
    please, I'm not that keen ;-)

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Oct 4, 2005