    Guest Guest

    I currently have my MCSE for the past year and will be getting my MCDST soon,
    is getting and A+, Network+ and Security+ certification necessary?

    Guest, Nov 12, 2005

  2. It is if you feel the need for an MCDST after an MCSE. Since your going
    backwards from engineering to help desk.

    Unless of course your just collecting them for a resume, then do what you
    wish, because those other certifications will undoubtedly be of no help to
    you if you're applying for network jobs.

    --
    ..rev - mct.mcngp.44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Nov 13, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    Guest, Nov 13, 2005
  4. Guest

    Robert Moir Guest

    Necessary to do what? Do you have an objective or are you just collecting
    whatever certificates you hear use nice fonts?

    I wouldn't say someone with a MCSE has any interest in the Network+.

    I would personally hope that anyone with a MCSE doesn't need to do the A+,
    but if you've got your MCSE through a bootcamp without the experience to
    back it up then you probably should go there.

    Security+ is very much a change of pace from the Microsoft stuff, and might
    be of interest *if* you currently work in security or have plans to do so.

    Robert Moir, Nov 13, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I was just wondering because since I'm a contractor you can't really expect
    to do the same job forever. Alot of companies have A+ certification as a
    requirement so ofcourse I wouldn't want not having one to prevent me from
    being looked at. Don't get me wrong, my main focus is with my MCSE but I was
    just wondering if having a little background with the comptia certifications
    would benefit me?

    Guest, Nov 13, 2005
  6. Guest

    LnkWizard Guest

    In your case, if you have the time and money, I'd say go for it. It
    won't hurt you and who knows you might even pick up a nugget
    or two of new information.

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Nov 14, 2005
  7. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    Sure. It may not help you get every job you're pursuing, but the bottom line
    is it can't hurt. CompTIA's A+, and even Net+ exams aren't so hard that
    they'll overqualify you for any job, considering that you already have your
    MCSE. So, my answer is yeah, they'll help you. Of course, they may not be
    worth the $120 each in exam fees, plus any books and study time. That's up
    to you. But the bottom line is that A+ can't hurt.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Find the meaning of life at www.mcngp.com. Also, free burritos on
    Thursdays.

    Briscobar, Nov 14, 2005
  8. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Alot of companies have A+ certification as a
    Don't worry it won't.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 14, 2005
  9. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Unless you get a paper cut from the certificate.

    TechGeekPro, Nov 14, 2005
  10. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Wow! Look what I've been missing.

    TechGeekPro, Nov 14, 2005
  11. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    Yeah, I got about 30 or so that randomly pop up. That's one of my favorites.
    I add some periodically.

    Briscobar, Nov 14, 2005
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest