    have?

    Thanks

    Leesa (I)

    Leesa_Tay, Dec 11, 2007

  2. Leesa_Tay

    Pennywise Guest

    Used to be a Celeron processor had a very small L2 cache or none at
    all.

    L2 Cache supplies the processor with the most frequently requested
    data and instructions http://studynotes.net/Memory-Terms-Glossary or
    last used instructions and data.

    CPU performance is severely degraded without a decent L2 cache .

    Read the specs on the CELERON processor your interested in and make
    sure it has an adequate L2 cache (My L2 cache size is 1meg)

    Pennywise, Dec 11, 2007

  3. Of course a Celeron will be fine, Leesa. You are used to a 500MHz
    processor. A modern Celeron, even though it isn't top of the line,
    will feel like you have bought the finest super-computer on Earth.

    Go ahead and go as cheap as you can, you don't do much on your
    computer. There is no need to throw your money into something you will
    never utilize in an intensive manner.

    Go to any reputable computer retailer and get the very cheapest
    computer that they now have in stock and it will be about a thousand
    times more powerful than what you have now.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Dec 11, 2007
  4. Leesa_Tay

    robis Guest

    robis, Dec 11, 2007