    softphones work with Mitel. Any recommendations?

    thanks

    Hal

    hal, Apr 1, 2005

  2. hal

    Ian Guest

    AFAIK They have not launched the SIP gateway yet. So NO the 3300 is
    not SIP compataible, Who told you it was? Mitel do do 2 Sip compatable
    phones but the 3300 is not a SIP switch AFAIK. (And I work with it all
    the time) The SIP gateway will be coming and they did do a sip system,
    The 3300 uses MINET as its VOIP protocol. I would go back to the
    person who told you it was sip compatible and Ask them to demo it to
    you. Dont be supprised when they decline to.

    IAn

    Ian, Apr 1, 2005

  3. hal

    hal Guest

    Actually I assumed it was because they list all their phones as SIP
    phones. I will have to research it more. Any idea when their gateway
    is coming out?

    thanks

    Hal

    hal, Apr 1, 2005
  4. hal

    JDBalogh Guest

    JDBalogh, Apr 2, 2005
  5. hal

    Zebedee Guest

    I would be surprised if Mitel had proper sip compatibility. Definitely not
    from what we've seen.

    Why don't you go for a true sip-based ip pbx?

    Zebedee, Apr 2, 2005
  6. hal

    Ian Guest

    AFAIK only the 5215 (I have one in front of me connected to my
    Asterisk) and 5220 are dual boot. and I belive the Navigator also
    supports SIP.
    As to when the gateway will be avalible not sure and Mitel are getting
    good at late delivery. Its I believe its for terminating SIP not for
    sip sets. But when I saw it, It was in concept stage..

    Ian

    Ian, Apr 2, 2005
  7. hal

    Ian Guest