    but this too isn't foolproof. So, are there any archiving utilities that
    are free or REAL cheap for an XP system?
    Thanks!

    Jefry, Aug 28, 2005

  2. Jefry

    Doug G Guest

    Try http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

    Doug G, Aug 28, 2005

  3. Jefry

    Ed Mullen Guest

    You can simply save your profile folder. Which you should be backing up
    regularly already. See:

    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_profile.html

    You can use a zip program for backups but I prefer a bona-fide backup
    program with automatic unattended scheduling. If you don't want to
    invest in a good Windows backup program do a Google search for free or
    shareware ones. Here's a place to start:

    http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&q=backup+sourceforge&btnG=Search

    Ed Mullen, Aug 28, 2005
  4. Jefry

    Jefry Guest

    So, saving the Profile folder will give not just profiles, but also the
    mail itself? Great!
    Now, as to BackupPC, i've little command experience and no success
    with compiling even with extended directions. I'm trying to change that,
    but so frequently find that MANs are written for those that seem not to
    need them. They assume a level of familiarity i haven't yet. Where do i
    find the Samba stuff i need to get this to work, and what do i do with
    it after i get it- what libs, etc do i need; where do it put them; how
    do i address them, you get the idea? Ditto for Perl and any other
    components necessary. With good directions i can get this done, but the
    doc assumes such a level of expertise that it's useless to me. So, how
    do i acquire the info to get this going? It would be good for backups,
    and for expanding my thus-far limited knowledge base.
    TIA!!

    Jefry, Aug 29, 2005
  5. Jefry

    Jefry Guest

    Sorry, i should have been more clear- i'm using a WindowsXP Pro machine
    so the Samba is not appropriate, right?

    Jefry, Aug 29, 2005
  6. Jefry

    Ed Mullen Guest

    I'm not at all sure why you're asking what you're asking. BackupMyPC is
    a Windows application. You install it on a Windows machine and run it.
    Done. No Samba, no Perl, no compiling. If you look at the Google