    for true underwater photography..

    Thanks

    Tony

    Tony van der Vooren, Jan 3, 2005

  2. I've used an Aquapac bag to keep a GPS receiver dry when kayaking in
    salt water. It seemed to work fine; lots of water got dribbled or
    splashed on it without a leak. However, it's not intended for water
    under pressure.

    Also, the sort of bag I used would be completely unsuitable for
    photography. For that, you need an optically clear window (not just
    clear plastic) in front of the lens, and you need to be able to operate
    all of the camera controls. GPS receivers tend to have the controls all
    on the front, where the display is too. Cameras have controls on the
    back and sometimes the sides.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Thanks Dave,

    Aquapac does claim their camera bags for SLRs are optically clear on the
    lens side and can manipulate controls on the other side...

    Reluctant to invest the $ unless I can get some verification other than
    Aquapac!

    They even claim their bags are good for photography down to 15 feet of
    water....

    Tony van der Vooren, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Tony van der Vooren

    Biggles Guest

    Check out the products from Ewa-marine. I use one with my Canon 1D plus
    flash. Works well and is good for underwater too.
    Dave Stewart

    Biggles, Jan 5, 2005