    We have tried downloading drivers which are supposed to be the right
    one.

    Can anyone help? Hope so!

    Richard Clemance, Jan 20, 2004

  2. Are your speakers powered? Modern sound cards do not drive unpowered
    speakers at a reasonable volume. To me it would seem that you have the
    right drivers if there is sound - just not amplifed.

    hth

    Baloo

    Bee and Baloo, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Richard Clemance

    Dave Taylor Guest

    I would also just plug a pair of headphones into the speaker jack, do they
    get really loud?
    Ciao,dave

    Dave Taylor, Jan 21, 2004
  4. We tried plugging in headphones to the speaker jack but the sound
    seems just as low.

    The computer had been using powered speakers before the hard drive
    reinstall but has unpowered ones on at the moment. But we will give
    it a go with the powered ones.

    Thanks for your help.

    Richard Clemance, Jan 21, 2004