    instead of the original "1".

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    Rats, Oct 8, 2009

  2. Rats

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    I have an idea but it has nothing to do with the clipboard. What are you
    actually trying to do? I won't bother explaining if what I have in mind
    won't help :)

    Nik Coughlin, Oct 8, 2009

  3. Rats

    Crapats (TM) Guest

    I have a form which allows data entry. On completing the data entry on
    the form a PDF file is generated. There is some logic on the form in
    the terms of more/fewer data entry fields displayed as a result of
    questions posed. I would like to quickly paste a sequential string of
    values in each field so I can then compare the PDF to the input data.
    In this way it will be pretty easy to see if any values were missed
    from the PDF.

    Crapats (TM), Oct 9, 2009
  4. Rats

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Ah OK. Well, if you can't find a way to autoincrement the clipboard value
    you can always generate a series of sequential values using the autofill
    handle in Excel (or OpenOffice Calc) and then having the spreadsheet side by
    side with the form and copy paste like that. Might be more effort than just
    typing them, it depends on what your starting number is

    Nik Coughlin, Oct 9, 2009
  5. Rats

    Crapats (TM) Guest

    Yes, I think it will be more effort then it's worth. I will just write
    a little app over the weekend. Thanks for your help.

    Crapats (TM), Oct 9, 2009
  6. Rats

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    It may be harder than you think, I've done some work with clipboard stuff
    and while it's easy to post data to the clipboard or detect when data is
    copied to the clipboard, but I've never been able to detect it going
    outwards... if you figure it out let me know :)

    Nik Coughlin, Oct 9, 2009
  7. Rats

    Crapats (TM) Guest

    This maybe true for right click paste or paste from menu but not for
    shortcut keys ;-). I used a keyhook function to detect "ctrl+v". Each
    time this key combination occurs I can then modify the clipboard
    value. I am not really incrementing the clipboard value. Instead on
    detecting the paste function I just copy a new value to the clipboard.

    I don't need this program to be super robust or anything. I was just
    trying to make testing some forms a little bit easier.

    Thanks

    Crapats (TM), Oct 10, 2009
  8. Rats

    impossible Guest

    http://www.thornsoft.com/

    impossible, Oct 10, 2009
  9. Rats

    John Little Guest

    Not exactly, but a with a line of vim script (or some other scriptable
    editor or tool) you could have vim pushing a counter to the clipboard
    on some event, say a right click.

    Regards, John

    John Little, Oct 10, 2009