    64 bit Windows XP? It would be extremely cool if somehow an entire 4 GB
    virtual memory space could be dedicated to one application, using 64 bit
    memory for all of the reserved system.

    Will, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Will

    Peter Lawton Guest

    It is extremely cool then, if your 32bit application is compiled to be large
    memory aware it can see 4GB under x64

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Any application that can take advantage of the /3GB switch will
    automatically see 4 GB under x64 Windows. No switches required. However,
    applications which can only see 2GB of memory will still only see 2 GB -
    that's the application's limitation, not the OS's.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 7, 2006