  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    See it? The NAUSEATING urban-hipster pandering. Guess what? You NEED an iPhone in order to play an instrument or dance!! Current pop stars for the most part can't play instruments and often can't sing without the grating over-layer of the odious "auto-tune" so what good is an iPhone?

    RichA, May 10, 2014

  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Thankfully, the last one I saw was at least six months ago. But let me guess; urban scene, long-hairs playing guitars, people acting like jackasses, a rave? That's the Madison Avenue-created idea of 20-something life according to the "pad" sellers?

    RichA, May 10, 2014

  3. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    You don't _need_ an iPhone, but it's a bloody big damned convenience--
    that or its Android competitors.

    J. Clarke, May 10, 2014
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    From what I've seen, I don't think street musicians earn enough to afford $500+ tablets.

    RichA, May 10, 2014
  5. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On 2014-05-10 18:41:32 +0000, RichA <> said:
    :
    : > On Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:42:01 AM UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
    : >> On 2014-05-10 07:06:26 +0000, RichA <> said:
    : >>
    : >
    : >> Apparently cool Black multi-instrumental street musician coordinating
    : >> it all by strumming on the Win tablet.
    : >
    : > From what I've seen, I don't think street musicians earn enough to
    : > afford $500+ tablets.
    :
    : I'm not a real street musician, but I play one on TV.

    Damn me, that's my situation exactly! Tonight I started practicing my trumpet,
    because I'm expected to play "Taps" (at seven or eight venues) for our town's
    annual Memorial Day parade. I've been doing it for more years than I can
    remember, usually well under the media's radar. But a couple of years ago, one
    of our young townsmen got killed in Afghanistan (the poor wretch forgot how
    dangerous they warned him it was, and he got blown up before he even had time
    to unpack his gear), and a local TV station was all over it. As their maudlin
    report unfolded over five or six minutes, one could hear me playing Taps
    continuously in the background.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, May 14, 2014