Apple Sale Prices

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Your Name, Apr 5, 2014.

  1. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    A few places with cheaper pricing on Apple equipment at the moment ...

    HARVEY NORMAN "BIGGER THAN BIG" SALE
    Until 7 April, 2014. Limit 1 of each product per customer.
    Personal shoppers only. Trade not supplied. No rainchecks.

    - Apple iPod Touch 16GB ME643ZP/A
    $177 (save $139)
    Limited stock - 450 at this price nationwide

    - Apple MacBook Pro 13" MD101X/A
    $1468 (save over $300)
    Intel Core i5 up to 3.1GHz
    4GB RAM, 500GB hard drive
    OS X Mavericks
    Limited stock - 150 at this price nationwide

    - 30% off iPad accessories
    Excludes genuine Apple accessories
    Percentage off the normal ticketed price

    WAREHOUSE STATIONERY "DIAL BACK YOUR CLOCKS" SALE
    Until 13 April, 2014.

    - Save up to $100 on Apple iPads

    PB TECH
    Until 6 April, 2014.

    - Apple MacBook Air 13.3" MD760
    $1484
    Intel i5 1.3GHz
    4GB RAM, 128GB SSD
    OS X Mavericks

    - Apple iMac 27"
    $2989
    Intel i5 3.4GHz
    8GB RAM, 1TD hard drive, GT775M graphics
    OS X Mavericks

    Your Name, Apr 5, 2014

  2. Your Name

    Gordon Guest

    Thanks for the ad.

    Gordon, Apr 5, 2014

  3. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    JB Hi-Fi has got 10% of Apple Mac computers until Monday, 14 April,
    2014. The advert in the NZ Herald gives these two examples ...

    MacBook Air 13"
    - 1.3GHz Intel i5
    - 4GB RAM
    - 128GB Flash drive storage
    - Intel HD 5000 Graphics
    $1430.10

    iMac 21.5"
    - 27.GHz Intel i%
    - 8 GB RAM
    - 1 TB hard drive storage
    - Intel Iris Pro graphics
    $1799.10

    Note: You can not add more RAM to these two off-the-shelf computers
    after purchase. Stroage drive space is also not user-upgradable. If you
    want more RAM or storage space (or a different graphics card in the
    iMac), then you have to order a custom-built computer.

    Your Name, Apr 10, 2014
  4. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    Dick Smith has now joined in also with 10% off Apple Mac computers
    prices until Monday, 28 April, 2014, with these two models advertised
    (10c cheaper than JB Hi-Fi above) ...

    MacBook Air 13"
    - 1.3GHz Intel i5
    - 4GB RAM
    - 128GB Flash drive storage
    - Intel HD 5000 Graphics
    $1430

    iMac 21.5"
    - 27.GHz Intel i%
    - 8 GB RAM
    - 1 TB hard drive storage
    - Intel Iris Pro graphics
    $1799

    Plus PB Tech is advertising the same MacBook Air 13" for slightly more
    at $1438 until Sunday, 13 April, 2014.

    Your Name, Apr 12, 2014
  5. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    Dick Smith has now 10% off Apple Mac computers for today only (Easter
    Saturday, 19 April, 2014), with these two examples in the advert ...

    MacBook Air 13"
    - 1.3GHz Intel i5
    - 4GB RAM
    - 128GB Flash drive storage
    $1430

    MacBook Pro 13.3"
    - 2.5GHz Intel i5
    - 4GB RAM
    - 500GB hard drive storage
    $1619

    Dick Smith is also advertising 7.5% off Apple iPad (excludes iPad 2 and
    clearance lines) for today only.

    PB Tech is advertising these two Apple products in their Easter Sale
    advert (Thursday 17, Saturday 19, and Monday 21, April, 2014, but also
    available online) ...

    MacBook Pro 13" (MD101)
    - 2.5GHz Intel i5
    - 4GB RAM
    - 500GB hard drive storage
    - Superdrive (CD-RW / DVD-RW)
    - Intel HD 4000 graphics
    $1609

    iPhone 5S 16GB
    - three colours available
    - 1 year PB Warranty
    $961

    Your Name, Apr 19, 2014
  6. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    The daily deal website 1-day also has a pile of Apple products on sale
    until midday, Sunday, 20 April, 2014. Mostly refurbished products, but
    also some brand new items. http://www.1-day.co.nz/onsale/apple1904/p/

    A couple of their prices have (presumably) typos though:

    iPhone 5c 16GB Blue
    Why pay $739.00 ... Today Only $779.99

    So you pay $40 *more*!? :-\

    Your Name, Apr 19, 2014
  7. ... or to rephrase ...

    this newgroup is *not* for commercial postings. :)

    Thanks

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 22, 2014
  8. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    This is MEANT to be a computer newsgroup, and these are simply giving a
    heads-up for cheaper prices for Apple computers for those who want to
    know - hence the subject title which you're quite welcome not to open.

    Your Name, Apr 22, 2014
  9. You are posting ads. Off topic. In almost every newsgroup. Thank you. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 22, 2014
  10. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    Well screw you and this newsgroup. Another bunch of morons stuck too
    far up their own backsides. :-\

    Your Name, Apr 22, 2014
  11. Your Name

    victor Guest

    Missin' you already.

    victor, Apr 22, 2014
  12. Thanks for your friendly comments. :)

    This does not, however, alter the fact that you are still wrong. Perhaps a
    little light reading on how newsgroups operate, and what is on and off topic
    in them might be useful to you ?

    HTH

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 22, 2014
  13. I (like you I suspect :) ), have been here a long time, so it certainly no
    longer astounds me. Doesn't really surprise me anymore either :)

    Annonimity is great though when people choose to behave like a dickhead. :)
    That typed, filters are our friend when it comes to repeat offenders. Sadly,
    that just lets them continue to be wrong without correction. Oh well. :)

    By their posts shall ye know them.

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 22, 2014
  14. The thing that astounds me is that some think anonymity is a excuse to act
    like an arsehole towards other people.[/QUOTE]

    Ah, right, yes. Fair enough. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 23, 2014