    do you actually not have any clue how siri works?

    it sure looks like you don't.
    it didn't.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2013

  2. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Sandman, Dec 11, 2013

  3. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Typical. Instead of offering something constructive, you bash.

    PeterN, Dec 11, 2013
  4. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Dec 11, 2013
  5. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Nope.

    Sandman, Dec 11, 2013
  6. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    My nose is itching. That too is 100% factual.
    What devices are you including in the "hundreds of millions," statement.
    And where is the support for that statement. since you have now used the
    figure twice, it cannot be accidental.

    I wonder how an O/S that is given away can be "vastly more profitable."
    Exactly what are you comparing it to?
    Oops, I forgot. There I go, nitpicking again.

    If this was an investing group I would be concerned with growth
    potential, management capabilities and subtleties, that are beyond your
    grasp. But, this isn't. Here I am concerned only with what will work
    best for me.

    PeterN, Dec 11, 2013
  7. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Apple announced in june that they had sold 600 million iOS devices [1] and
    obviously not all of them are in active use today, and if we count low and
    say there are 300 million iOS devices in active use (it was almost 400
    million a year ago [2] so there is a big chance it's a lot larger today),
    74% of those are running iOS7 [3], that's 222 million iOS devices. And
    given the adoption rate of iOS7 one can assume that it has been favourably
    accepted by the bulk of those. That's "hundreds of millions" and still
    counting low.

    1:<http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4415258/apple-announces-600-million-ios-devices-sold>
    2:<http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/24/365-million-ios-devices-in-play-ipad-taking-off-in-education/>
    Not at all - you're just uninformed. iOS is free, but Apple get 30% of all
    transactions in the App Store in iOS.
    As you should. No one has told you otherwise.

    Sandman, Dec 11, 2013
  8. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    I doubt any *new* user wll try to compatre and older ipad running iso6 with a new ipad air or mini running ios7
    I prefer use-ability over style or pretty icons.
    How dare you try to talk about photograpy in this thread ;-)

    Whisky-dave, Dec 11, 2013
  9. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Did you have access to my phone, and have a different observation?

    PeterN, Dec 11, 2013
  10. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    We were discussing iPhones.

    PeterN, Dec 11, 2013
  11. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    I had access to iOS6, yes, so I know how it communicated about the upgrade.

    Sandman, Dec 11, 2013
  12. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Incorrect.

    "there *are* hundreds of millions of ios 7 users who love it"

    It's still quoted above.

    Sandman, Dec 11, 2013
  13. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    I'm more of a lurker these days. Since I know everything there is to
    know about photography, I don't comment often . :)

    But RichA is such a tard.

    Mr. Strat, Dec 11, 2013
  14. RichA

    David Taylor Guest

    So why not killfile those who bash and give the other group members a
    rest. The continual argument and nit-picking between certain group
    members has spoilt this group far more than "Mr P&S" ever did.

    David Taylor, Dec 11, 2013
  15. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Agreed.

    Sandman, Dec 11, 2013
  16. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Absolutely not! And it wasn't what the claim was about either. In fact, it
    followed a discussion that was about the iPad, and the claim itself made no
    mention of a specific device, only iOS7.

    And, to be honest, I actually think that iPad iOS7 users count in the
    hundreds of millions also (or at least a hundred million). We probably have
    more than 400 millions iOS devices in active use (360+ millions a year
    ago).

    I think maybe I should gather some stats on this. Could be fun.

    Sandman, Dec 11, 2013
  17. RichA

    Guest Guest

    that's not the same thing at all. changing your story so soon?

    whatever an app does is up to the app developer, not apple.

    some apps push a notification of an *app* update in case you don't
    check the app store. they don't do that for a system update, although
    the two may coincide.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2013
  18. RichA

    Guest Guest

    then go pick it.
    all ios devices that are currently running ios 7.
    it's not. that's the whole point, that being the one that's given away
    is *less* profitable than the one that isn't.

    you're very confused.
    android, the system *you* brought up with *your* link. did you even
    read it?

    you are *so* confused.
    you're not nitpicking.

    you're talking out your ass and horribly confused.
    then why did you bring up android market share?

    what works best for you has nothing to do with market share.

    keep changing your story though.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2013
  19. RichA

    Guest Guest

    it's an observation. you don't have a clue how siri works. not everyone
    does.

    that's not bashing.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2013
  20. RichA

    Guest Guest

    i don't need access to your phone. i know how ios works and what apps
    can and can't do.

    you've already changed your story once. will you be changing it again
    or will you admit you don't understand anything?

    Guest, Dec 11, 2013