    if you were truly interested in it, you'd have said 'what do people
    think of ios 7' rather than 'is it true no one can stand it'.

    you're trolling, as usual.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013

  2. RichA

    Guest Guest

    He was re-writing technical software that others had written in order to "fix" or improve it.[/QUOTE]

    probably made it worse.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    It's possible, but years of experience has proven that isn't the case with all alternative batteries. They sell alternate battery brands in reputable stores as well.

    RichA, Dec 10, 2013
  4. RichA

    Guest Guest

    You are mirroring what one person said was his beef with it.[/QUOTE]

    meanwhile, hundreds of millions love it.

    can't please everyone.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  5. RichA

    David Taylor Guest

    On 10/12/2013 17:27, nospam wrote:
    []
    Well, I'm not the only person who thinks that. Of course, there is such
    an impetus (and marketing hype) built up around the iPad that it's not
    surprising that sales are increasing. I still think that some people
    would have been more attracted to the earlier iOS.
    I'm trying to keep within the group's remit!

    David Taylor, Dec 10, 2013
  6. RichA

    Guest Guest

    It's possible, but years of experience has proven that isn't the case with
    all alternative batteries. They sell alternate battery brands in reputable stores as well.[/QUOTE]

    some are ok. some aren't.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  7. RichA

    Guest Guest

    nobody said you were.

    out of hundreds of million users, there will be a few who don't like it.

    a lot of people hate windows 8.

    you can't please everyone.
    some were, but more are attracted to *not* having that skeuomorphic
    crap.

    that stitching was ugly as hell.
    even in the ipad group you can't see what's good about ios 7.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  8. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Sandman, Dec 10, 2013
  9. RichA

    Guest Guest

    i was using chitika's numbers from november, which predate apple's
    claim:
    <http://chitika.com/files/1000x834xiPhone,P20iOS,P20Version,P20Distribut
    ion.png.pagespeed.ic.6BSXai6q6j.png>

    since that time there are a lot more ios 7 devices and a lot more
    upgrades.
    true, but it doesn't make *that* much of a difference.

    it skews the ios 5 and earlier users since they aren't updating their
    apps or getting new ones all that often, if at all.

    the ios 7 users are definitely updating their apps and getting new
    ones, as are the ios 6 users. they are well represented.
    the real problem with that is when you have two text items that look
    the same (other than the text itself), one of which is a button and one
    of which isn't. you can't tell what either should do, other than by
    tapping them.

    new list is not a button. it's a title, of a newly created list.
    <http://25.media.tumblr.com/278872250b4ee4b685207a86a3252ae7/tumblr_mtnx
    3w0I5r1sjy3wwo1_400.png>

    other problems include the choice of tint colour, which is sometimes a
    bit odd. yellow in notes? the least legible colour for an app that's
    intended for text??

    if a swipe in the springboard has a little bit of a downward component,
    it invokes spotlight. if a swipe in the recents app list has a little
    bit of a lateral component, it scrolls rather than evicts the app. in
    other words, it falses too much.

    control center is *very* useful, but it's not always clear if something
    is on or off:
    <http://25.media.tumblr.com/2a47cc2a1cf17b92360eb7903e97aa89/tumblr_mwsy
    nmJb6f1sjy3wwo1_400.png>

    on the good side, the horrible stitching and green felt and other crap
    is gone. there are also a *lot* of new features under the hood that
    will make for some very cool apps.
    yep. it's mostly a problem on the 5s but exists on other devices too
    and nothing that can't be fixed.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  10. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Sure, but Chitika measures users of their platform if I remember correctly.
    I bet Apple measurements are more accurate.
    Indeed, it's pretty confusing at times.
    Indeed. I see you've been to the UX tumblr as well :)
    Agreed. And the only place I miss that is in iBooks - for whatever reason,
    I always felt it had a place in a book reading app. But everyehere else, no
    thanks.
    Indeed.

    Sandman, Dec 10, 2013
  11. RichA

    Guest Guest

    they're both about the same numbers.
    the bookshelf looked nice but that's really minor that it's gone.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  12. RichA

    Guest Guest

    missing the point entirely, as always.

    the moron that rich is referring to is talking about macs.

    one of the biggest criticisms of the mac, especially in its early days,
    was that it wasn't a real computer because it lacked a command line and
    the interface was 'toy like' that was designed for stupid people.

    the belief was that if you weren't smart enough to understand dos or
    unix, then you shouldn't be using a computer. you were a lesser form of
    life.

    you still hear the same idiocy now, mostly from linux users.

    the apple ii was not criticized in the same way. it had a command line
    and was just as powerful as anything else back then. visicalc, the
    first spreadsheet, was on the apple ii, *before* there was an ibm pc.

    it turns out that the only 'sub-intelligent' people were the ones with
    a closed mind that couldn't see just how advanced the mac really was.
    the graphic interface it introduced is now standard, along with many
    other things the mac had under the hood.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  13. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    I will admit that Siri works better in ios7. But the change was almost
    forced on me. I got tired of nag messages.

    PeterN, Dec 11, 2013
  14. RichA

    Guest Guest

    siri is done server side. it's better for ios 6 users too.
    there are no nag messages.

    there's a badge on the settings icon, which is easily ignored.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2013
  15. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Dec 11, 2013
  16. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    If it's that easy to fix, why wasn't it fixed BEFORE being released.
    Yeah I know, almost all software has bugs.
    But this is APPLE we are talking about. It's head and shoulders above
    all others.

    PeterN, Dec 11, 2013
  17. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Server side on an iPhone?
    Then why did the software on my iPhone get really balky until I "upgraded."

    PeterN, Dec 11, 2013
  18. RichA

    Guest Guest

    yes there is.

    as i explained, because his friend said people who used them are
    sub-intelligent, it was about macs. he just misremembered the dates.
    this was a *very* common criticism of the mac at the time. it was
    called a toy, not a real computer, etc.

    that was never said about the apple ii. therefore rich's friend could
    *only* be referring to macs.
    it's exactly the point.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2013
  19. RichA

    Guest Guest

    nope what?

    there *are* hundreds of millions of ios 7 users who love it, and it's
    also true that nobody can please everyone. both 100% factual
    statements.

    it's not perfect (nothing is) and there are some legitimate complaints,
    but overall it's much, much better.

    your link is also a year old and the part you're missing is that most
    of the android phones sold are low end crap that don't compete with the
    iphone and many of them aren't even smartphones. however, it did get
    the malware part right.

    more recent numbers:
    <http://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/mobile-os-share-nov1
    3.png?w=942>

    not that it matters, since market share can be anything you want it to
    be and ios is vastly more profitable.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2013
  20. RichA

    Guest Guest

    higher priority bugs and time constraints.

    the instability is definitely annoying but it's not a show stopper.
    not almost. *all* software has bugs.
    if you say so.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2013