    next, as in steve jobs' company post his first reign at apple.

    microsoft copied a lot of the mac but mixed in a little next as well.
    no.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013

  2. RichA

    Guest Guest

    apple announced lisa in january 1983.

    microsoft announced windows in november, 1983 and didn't actually ship
    anything until much later.

    microsoft was one of several companies that had advance access to the
    mac so that there would be apps available when the mac came out.

    they had been working on word and multiplan (which were pretty good) as
    well as microsoft basic (which was an absolute piece of shit).

    while microsoft was writing mac apps, they were also copying it for
    windows.
    they got it from apple.
    actually, it did, but apple lost on a technicality.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013

  3. RichA

    Guest Guest

    Isn't ambiguity created by refusing to use the shift key, a wonderful thing?

    Would an "N" in the correct position have been so difficult to produce
    with all that editing power the keyboard is capable of?[/QUOTE]

    given the context, it's not all that ambiguous. those who follow the
    tech industry know that apple went on to found another company called
    next which was later bought by apple.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  4. RichA

    Guest Guest

    perhaps one day you'll say something other than one of your nonsensical
    rants.

    first of all, ios devices are not entertainment devices, although they
    can be used as one, just like any other computer.

    second of all, more than half of those who buy ios devices are windows
    users.

    that means they're not the blind cultish followers you make them out to
    be.

    and as for lining up to buy stuff, people line up to buy all sorts of
    products. just look at the stores on black friday.
    many companies try to come up with something along those lines.

    what's wrong with that?
    or maybe bamboo, and not from apple:
    you might think you're being funny, but there is at least one app that
    lets you 'connect' in more ways than one, with the custom vibrating
    underwear sold separately. and no, i'm not kidding.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  5. RichA

    Guest Guest

    obviously i meant jobs went on to found next. i made a typo and didn't
    catch it. oh noes.
    actually there's a lot more to it than that.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  6. RichA

    Guest Guest

    the first version was.

    later versions of windows came out *after* nextstep did.

    microsoft also didn't stop copying apple either. they kept copying
    apple all along. not much innovation happens there.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  7. RichA

    Guest Guest

    yes.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  8. RichA

    Guest Guest

    the so what is that apple wouldn't be where it is today if what they
    sold was only to a bunch of fanbois, who make up a tiny, tiny minority
    (and exist for every product).

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  9. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Uhm! Sorry. I thought the main subject in this group is photography.
    Tech industry discussions, in context, are about how photography is
    affected.

    PeterN, Dec 24, 2013
  10. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    They use Windows in their business to pay for their toys.( ios devices
    included.(
    PeterN

    PeterN, Dec 24, 2013
  11. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Another well documented survey.

    PeterN, Dec 24, 2013
  12. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Are you insulted when I make a factual statement about you.
    Now if someone caled me "nospam," that would be an insult.
    Obviously you never read th link I referenced.

    PeterN, Dec 24, 2013
  13. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    | second of all, more than half of those who buy ios devices are windows
    | users.
    | that means they're not the blind cultish followers you make them out to
    | be.

    I never said everyone who uses anything from Apple is
    an AppleSeed. (Though there are lots of them. Some are
    even people very dear to me. We can only hope for an
    eventual cure. :)

    I was writing to you, primarily. What you always miss
    is that no one is fighting back. Most people who use
    Windows see Windows as a tool, buy it when they have
    to, and don't think much either way about Apple. We
    don't generally develop romantic attachment to our
    computers, much less to Mr. Ballmer. :) You're having a
    fist fight in a house of mirrors. Or maybe it'd be more
    accurate to say you're a white knight trying to fight a
    mythical beast known as "Wintel". Wintel doesn't exist.

    Mayayana, Dec 24, 2013
  14. RichA

    Guest Guest

    try reading the relevant text for a change. maybe then you won't be so
    confused.

    and since the most commonly used camera is made by apple, then apple is
    relevant.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  15. RichA

    Guest Guest

    some do. not all.

    also, ios devices are not toys. people do real work with them, as they
    do with other mobile devices.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  16. RichA

    Guest Guest

    yes, in fact it is.

    apple tracks the demographics of their customers and has stated on
    many, many occasions that more than half of those who buy macs are
    buying their first mac (i.e., a switcher from windows) and more than
    half of those who buy ios devices own windows. this has been the case
    for *years*.

    plus, it's common sense that a company that is one of the most valuable
    companies in the world could never have become as big by selling to a
    small minority of users.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  17. RichA

    Guest Guest

    not at all. i'm not worried about factual statements.

    it's when you lie about stuff that bugs me.
    i read it, and saw nothing particularly wrong that stood out.

    if you believe that there are factual errors in the article, cite
    evidence to support it

    if not, then you are as i said all along, entirely full of shit.

    furthermore, the more you keep avoiding answering the question and
    providing any such evidence, the clearer it becomes that i was right
    all along, that you are full of shit.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  18. RichA

    Guest Guest

    very few are what you call an 'apple seed'.

    fanbois are a tiny minority of users and every product has fanbois,
    including microsoft.

    why does it bug you so much if someone uses apple products? are you
    that threatened by their choices?
    then why do you go on about 'apple seeds' and 'lord jobs' and other
    nonsense?
    i don't have any attachment to my computers, whether they're legacy or
    mobile. they are tools that do stuff, so i don't have to.
    wintel doesn't exist? you're on crack.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013
  19. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    Beside, Appleseeds lost that battle when Jobs not only jumped ship from
    IBMola but went straight to Intel without passing Go or collecting AMD
    first.

    Although it always cracked me up that the PowerMacs were using an IBM
    CPU.

    J. Clarke, Dec 24, 2013
  20. RichA

    Guest Guest

    why would they have bothered with amd?

    that would have been an incredibly stupid move.
    not all of them. motorola made the g4.

    ibm made the g5 and could never get it right.

    neither of them particularly cared about advancing powerpc technology,
    thus the switch to intel.

    Guest, Dec 24, 2013