  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Apparently, Apple 4 iPhones and iPads are going at a premium, even used because people hate the new operating system on the iPhone 5 and new iPad? I don't own Apple but I've read a few things and someone today was lamenting it to me. Apparently, you can't install the old system on new gear?

    RichA, Dec 9, 2013

  2. RichA

    Guest Guest

    People get used to stuff. The UI and appearance of iOS7 is minimalist
    and suits some folks, and just like most things there are those who
    don;t like change.[/QUOTE]

    people hate change, but the skeuomorphic crap had to go.
    he said new gear, not updating old gear.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2013

  3. RichA

    Guest Guest

    yea, they hate it so much that ios 7 is on nearly 80% of devices in 2
    months, making it the fastest adoption of a new release of ios ever.
    well there you go. one person hates it so therefore apple is doomed.

    there are some user interface problems, but on the whole it's much
    better than before.

    the biggest benefit is the awful skeuomorphism is gone.
    of course not. the old system doesn't know about hardware that didn't
    exist when it was created.

    and why would anyone want that anyway? ios 7 offers a wealth of new
    features that didn't exist on the older system. why would anyone want
    to downgrade?

    and it's not like it's just apple either. you can't install windows xp
    on new computers. you can't install old versions of android on new
    android phones.

    just another moronic troll of yours.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2013
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I don't look for anything regarding Apple, people volunteer this stuff whentalking. In the early 80's, I was intrigued by Apple, interested in theircomputers. But an engineer friend of mine who went into re-programming (re-writting software) then said that the system was junk and that the peoplehe met who used them were sub-intelligent. My biggest gripe with Apple was how they positioned themselves, as some kind of rebel anti-corporate establishment company. But they weren't, they were as corporate as Microsoft or IBM and they made some questionable decisions along the way. Plus, they (later on) have appealed to the general population, which usually means something is lacking.

    RichA, Dec 10, 2013
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Kind of like Nikon's latest firmware update that apparently killed off the ability in some of their cameras to use 3rd party batteries.

    RichA, Dec 10, 2013
  6. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    iOS7 adoption is at 70%, 75% for iPhones and 65% for iPads. People "hated"
    Apple Maps in iOS6 as well, and they had a reason to. iOS7 is a matter of
    taste, and I have total respect for anyone not liking it due to taste. But
    as with Facebook updates, people get used to it and will be outraged the
    next time Apple changes the design again.

    Sandman, Dec 10, 2013
  7. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Wait, what? You were interested in a product and then a friend told you the
    "system" was junk and that people who used the producct were dumb? Was your
    entire stance towards this product based on what one friend of yours said
    about it? What other parts of your life do you let this friend control?
    No doubt! They played the underdog for quite some time, because - well they
    were the underdog. And it's true that even as underdog's, they were still a
    commercial company that wanted people's hard earned money.

    Curiously, Microsoft is now the ones playing underdog to Apple and Google.
    How so? Doesn't Canon and Nikon do the same? Niche companies may thrive in
    their niche, but Apple always made consumer-friendly devices from the
    start. This was nothing new "later on", it was true from the very
    beginning. Sure, their products were always in the upper price range so
    many *couldn't* use them, but that remains true today as well, so I'm not
    sure what "later on" may mean here.

    Sandman, Dec 10, 2013
  8. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Same as with old, Apple laptops because even teh old ones are preferred to teh newer windows laptops but some which is why they hold their price.
    I only know one person that hated the new ios7 but when I moved his glass ~10 cm he hated that too, he suffers from OCD so any change he dislike for a few months then once he's used to that he hates the next change.

    I did wonder how often he changes his underwear but I'd rather not know ;-)

    Whisky-dave, Dec 10, 2013
  9. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Perolpe talk bollocks nom suprise their.
    What do you mean by re-writing software ?
    I've met a lot of sub inteligent people most use PCs.
    Most of the genral population are lacking so why not take advantage of themtoo ?

    Whisky-dave, Dec 10, 2013
  10. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    Tired of ripping on plastic cameras?

    Why don't you try talking about something you actually know something
    about?

    Mr. Strat, Dec 10, 2013
  11. RichA

    PAS Guest

    Hope you've been well Randall.

    PAS, Dec 10, 2013
  12. RichA

    David Taylor Guest

    I think iOS-7 will reduce the attractiveness of the iPad to new users,
    by losing some of the special style of the icons and programs. I
    certainly don't like it as much - it seems largely like change for
    change's sake.

    Its only redeeming feature (to me) is the HDR setting for the camera.
    That feature is very successful!

    David Taylor, Dec 10, 2013
  13. RichA

    Guest Guest

    probably because those batteries were not up to spec in one way or
    another.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  14. RichA

    Guest Guest

    yet you never mention other companies, such as google or microsoft.

    you have a fixation on apple.
    then he was a moron.

    he must think nasa employees are sub-intelligent, because they use a
    lot of macs. landing spacecraft on mars is for stupid people anyway.

    or mit students, who also use a lot of macs. only sub-intelligent
    people go to mit. it's a party school, after all.
    every company makes questionable decisions along the way. why single
    out one?
    nonsense.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  15. RichA

    Guest Guest

    old numbers. ios 7 adoption is nearing 80% now. it was 74% a month ago.
    it's the fastest adoption of any version of ios.

    a small vocal minority likes to bitch (as they always do) but most
    people love it because it's *much* better than ios 6 and earlier. it
    does have some issues but those will mostly get fixed. there are a
    shitload of new features that can make for some very compelling apps.

    the biggest problem is that it's a bit buggy and some apps occasionally
    crash.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  16. RichA

    Guest Guest

    is there anything?

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  17. RichA

    Guest Guest

    yet sales are increasing, so that's not correct.
    then you are missing a substantial amount of what's changed in ios 7.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2013
  18. RichA

    RichA Guest

    He was re-writing technical software that others had written in order to "fix" or improve it.

    RichA, Dec 10, 2013
  19. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I'll never tire of that.
    I posed it as a kind of question, based on what people have said.

    RichA, Dec 10, 2013
  20. RichA

    RichA Guest

    You are mirroring what one person said was his beef with it.

    RichA, Dec 10, 2013