    When I play a movie it skips badly with no sound,But if I hit mute on
    the dvd player remote it plays fine.It plays cd's and mp3's fine.What is
    wrong with it?

    Mopar Man, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Mopar Man

    Black Locust Guest

    It's an Apex, that's what. There's a reason those things sell for $40 at
    Wal-mart. Go get yourself a more expensive player from a trusted name
    brand.

    Black Locust, Jan 2, 2004

  3. That's kind of rude. I also have that player, had it for just about 2 years
    now, and it plays everything I toss at it. DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW,
    DVD-VCD, DVD-SVCD, SVCD, XSVCD, VCD, XVCD, KVCD, KSVCD, MP3, MPG on ISO.
    Only thing it wont do is MP3 on DVD...

    Anonymous Joe, Jan 2, 2004
  4. My family has four Apex AD-1500 players....NO problems!

    Cathy De Viney, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Mopar Man

    Video Flyer Guest

    Likewise, I've also owned one of these puppies for just over two years now
    and no problems.

    It's a fact, though, that the failure rates on cheap units like these is
    substantially higher than that on higher quality, name-brand equipment. You
    saves your money, you takes your chances. :) On the other hand, if they
    go south, they tend to do so fairly soon after you start to use 'em so you
    should be able to return 'em for another unit that has about a 50% shot at
    being 100% reliable.

    Nothing will make BL's response any more helpful but it's certainly
    defensible.

    Now, here's hoping I haven't jinxed myself. If I put a disc in this evening
    and see sparks and smoke NOT on the tv screen, I'll know never to defend an
    Apex in a public forum ever again.

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Jan 2, 2004
  6. Mopar Man

    Black Locust Guest

    Sheer luck is all that is. All you have to do is look at all the
    countless "Problem with Apex <Insert Model # Here>" posts to see they're
    junk.

    Black Locust, Jan 2, 2004
  7. I read a post once which stated that the problem with many Apex players is
    that they keep spinning even after the STOP button is pushed. You need to
    turn the unit off and many people leave them on...and that is why they break
    down. Mine is OFF when not in use.

    Cathy De Viney, Jan 2, 2004