Apache 2.2.4 won't restart after configuring PHP 5

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gplmeirelles, Jan 20, 2007.

  1. gplmeirelles

    gplmeirelles Guest

    I use a HP Pavilion Laptop, Windows XP SP2, 1.5 GHz, 504 MB RAM.

    I installed Apache 2.2.4 and MySQL 5.0 and it was all working fine.
    Then I downloaded PHP5 and configured Apache accordingly and when I
    tried to restart Apache I get a pop-up window saying "The requested
    operation has failed!".

    I have spent over 2 hours googling this problem and haven`t found any
    answers.

    I`ve tried downloading another php5apache2.dll file that is suppoed to
    work with windows XP, but that didn't work either.

    The lines I`ve added to the httpd.conf file are:

    LoadModule php5_module "c:/php5/php5apache2.dll"
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    index.htm index.php default.php main.php (to DirectoryIndex)

    Hope you guys can help me with this.

    Cheers

    gplmeirelles, Jan 20, 2007

  2. gplmeirelles

    why? Guest

    Good - Apache 2.2.4
    Good - MySQL 5.0
    Bad - PHP5 , no sub version given. I don't wonder why anymore. 5.2.0
    is current, or it could be from 5.0.0.
    Answers as in fix or the correct questions? 2 minutes and many posts

    2 www.google.com searches,

    php5 apache The requested operation has failed!.

    Apache 2.2 PHP 5 incompatible

    to read a few obvious pointers from those posts.
    Reference?

    You do know there is,

    php5apache
    php5apache2
    php5apache2_2 , for Apache series 2.2

    Well if you comment those out or at least the DLL what happens?

    Was it broken? Otherwise why fix?

    Apache newsgroups / mailing list, php ditto, support FAQs say?
    Check your aren't loading it as a cgi and a module at the same time,
    IIRC that's what I did a few years ago.

    So the Apache log file says what?

    Thene there is the XP Event Log.
    Me