    separate screennames for separate users, only one of whom will be
    using it at any one time.

    There MUST be a way to do this, right?

    jersie0, Feb 15, 2004

  2. jersie0

    Who Guest

    not neccesarily, AOL is pretty rudimentary software.

    Who, Feb 15, 2004

  3. jersie0

    joevan Guest

    My daughter and a friend set up AIM for both of them on my computer.
    Just use the different names and try it. I don't think there should be
    a problem. I don't even use aol but the AIM seems to be quite popular
    with the younger crowd.
    Good luck.
    joevan

    joevan, Feb 15, 2004
  4. jersie0

    WCH Guest

    If the second (third, etc) person has already established an AIM account,
    just have them sign in their user name and password, then log on. That's
    it. You don't need multiple instances of the software or anything. Does
    that answer your question?
    WC

    WCH, Feb 15, 2004
  5. jersie0

    jersie0 Guest

    Yeah, thanks. Keeping the AIM crowd happy is not exactly "Priority
    One" right now for me, but at least I now have the knowledge that I
    need to have.

    As long as I'm asking questions, does AIM have a capability to log
    usage? Not necessarily what was said and with whom, but who was
    logged on at what times?

    jersie0, Feb 15, 2004
  6. jersie0

    joevan Guest

    If you really want to be up on everything, then use a key logger.
    HomeKeyLogger, is one. It's up to you.
    Other than that I would like to know also.
    http://www.spyarsenal.com/index.html?smp

    joevan

    joevan, Feb 15, 2004
  7. jersie0

    WCH Guest

    Not to my knowledge, it does not. Although, there may be something buried
    in "parental settings" or some such, an area I've not frequented. Still, I
    doubt it. Keystroke loggers would do the trick (and much more, if you're
    into monitoring), as another poster has noted.
    WC

    WCH, Feb 16, 2004
  8. As long as I'm asking questions, does AIM have a capability to log
    In-directly it can, just get them to Instant Message you once, then
    never close the chat window. It'll then record the time logged in and
    out until you close the window....

    John H. Guillory, Feb 16, 2004
  9. jersie0

    Mike245 Guest

    Try alternatives like gaim and trillian.

    Mike245, Feb 16, 2004