    Hi I've just learnt that Stereo World in Auckland is selling 50" AOC
    Plasma TV @ $4999. Does anybody know how they do it?? I mean, even
    MorningStar is selling them @ $6150+gst!

    nickdevx, Sep 14, 2005

  2. check the model numbers, same?
    I've seen some panasonic plasmas for sale "real cheap" but they don't
    support HDTV(I know we don't have it), and a few other things along the
    "higher quality" lines...

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 14, 2005

  3. nickdevx

    nickdevx Guest

    I just emailed them to confirm the model number (PD5084).

    I also did a quick google and couldn't find anywhere IN THE WORLD that
    sells a 50" Plasma (any brand) at that price!! Scam? Second hand being
    sold as new?

    nickdevx, Sep 14, 2005
  4. if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Sep 14, 2005
  5. nickdevx

    Harry Guest

    What is the resolution?
    It makes an enormous difference. A 127cm plasma with resolution
    of say, 852 x 480, would be cheap compared to a proper resolution
    of 1280 x 768.

    Harry, Sep 14, 2005
  6. nickdevx

    nickdevx Guest

    So far all I'm sure of is that it's 50". I'm still waiting for their
    reply to confirm that it's the same model (PD5084), though from AOC's
    website I only see one 50" model. Is it possible for 2 plasmas to have
    the same official model number but different specs?

    nickdevx, Sep 14, 2005
  7. nickdevx

    Daver Guest

    Not so surprising they were selling 42 HD Panasonic with E50 recorder for
    $5800 when many others were still trying for $6999 without recorder.
    Probably bulk buy just prior to new model as was the case with the
    Panasonic.

    Daver, Sep 14, 2005
  8. nickdevx

    nickdevx Guest

    Problem is they could've priced them at $1000 more and still be the
    cheapest in NZ!! They can't survive making $50 per sale can they?

    nickdevx, Sep 14, 2005
  9. nickdevx

    Daver Guest

    Daver, Sep 15, 2005
  10. nickdevx

    daemon9 Guest

    What about dvd players with HDMI output?

    d9

    daemon9, Sep 15, 2005
  11. no idea, never come across HDMI, so I don't know what it is... also, at
    that point I stopped looking at them.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 15, 2005