    have and is there any advantage to the dearer one? (Other than the higher
    resolution which he won't be using).

    Thanks,

    ~misfit~, Aug 18, 2003

  2. ~misfit~

    Patrick Bold Guest

    Patrick Bold, Aug 18, 2003

  3. They seem to have convergence problems, so it might not be wise to get one..

    That is the Flat screen ones that I am on about.

    Robert Mathews, Aug 18, 2003
  4. ~misfit~

    Patrick Bold Guest

    EVERY monitor has a convergence problem. Care to elaborate.

    Patrick Bold, Aug 18, 2003
  5. ~misfit~

    Rider Guest

    Never had a problem with my 19Klr. Yes I know it isnt the same size or
    model, but after 18 months of reasonably heavy use its going great. For the
    money they seem to be a good monitor and the 3 year warranty is great.

    Rider

    Rider, Aug 18, 2003

  6. Well I know of 2 that were sent back one chap went for a Sony the other a LCD
    screen..

    All posted here..

    Robert Mathews, Aug 18, 2003
  7. ~misfit~

    Patrick Bold Guest

    Two, ok. Out of how many?

    Patrick Bold, Aug 18, 2003
  8. ~misfit~

    Rob Guest

    I have dual monitors aoc spectrum 7glr 3.5 yrs old,aoc 7klr 1 yr+ old no
    problems with either great monitors

    Rob, Aug 18, 2003
  9. ~misfit~

    Craig Sutton Guest

    I was the one who sent one back and replaced with the Sony. The problem was
    the right hand side of the screen had an alignment problem that could not be
    fixed. E.G a top to bottom of screen window when showed on the left side of
    screen looked fine. But drag it to the right side of the screen and and the
    aspect was way out edges were no longer straight etc.

    Craig Sutton, Aug 18, 2003
  10. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Thanks to all who replied, any more comments welcome.

    ~misfit~, Aug 18, 2003
  11. ~misfit~

    Patrick Bold Guest

    I don't own an AOC monitor myself. But reviews have generally been very
    complimentary about them when it comes to bang-for-buck. You may be
    pickier than a lot of buyers -- lack of a perfectly straight edge along
    one side obviously annoyed you enough to spend the extra money for a
    SONY, and that's fine, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there
    who would think that was foolish. A top-of-the-line Sony is an
    oustanding monitor. But to be operfectly honest, the cheap ones don't
    look any better to me than a good Viewsonic, Samsung, or AOC. That's
    just my opinion, of course, and I wouldn't urge anyone to bet their
    hard-earned money on it -- I'm no more an expert than anyone else here.
    Best thing you can do, I think, is compare the specs, look for
    test-based reviews, and then just go have a look -- at the monitors and
    at your budget.

    Patrick Bold, Aug 18, 2003
  12. ~misfit~

    Craig Sutton Guest

    What were the comments they made?

    Craig Sutton, Aug 18, 2003

  13. But what do you expect from teenagers that work for McDonalds..

    Robert Mathews, Aug 18, 2003
  14. ~misfit~

    GraB Guest

    I don't remember exactly, I haven't bought it yet, no money.

    GraB, Aug 18, 2003
  15. ~misfit~

    GraB Guest

    But I will. It has DriveImage 5, full version for free on the CD.

    GraB, Aug 18, 2003
  16. ~misfit~

    Invisible Guest

    WTF? YOU were recommending these not too long ago - changed your mind alzheimer
    man?

    Invisible, Aug 18, 2003
  17. On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:54:01 +1200, "~misfit~"
    Tell your friend to be even less tight and get the 7Klr in Black /
    Silver

    Its a big chunck of beige to look at , the silver one looks cool

    john

    John Hornblow, Aug 18, 2003
  18. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I was hoping you'd reply John, I remember a post from you about your new AOC
    monitor. So you're still pleased with it?

    ~misfit~, Aug 18, 2003
  19. On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:54:59 +1200, "~misfit~"

    Yerr, its great, I do recommend the silve & black model, it looks much
    smarter .
    Strangly XP doesnt recognise it but Win98 did !

    www.pp.co.nz had one in stock in under 50 hours.

    John Hornblow, Aug 18, 2003
  20. On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:54:59 +1200, "~misfit~"

    not a very techo reply!

    The onscreen display / toggle is great.
    Resoultion is very good, oh so fine after my second hand 15 compaq
    monitor...

    Three year onsite warranty , great to have
    It was a bit smelly for the first 2 days as it 'toasted' the coatings
    on the tube and curcuits...

    Why spend extra money on a LCD display, all the dust is going to do is
    fall on the space behind the LCD on your desk rather then on top of
    the CRT monitor!

    John Hornblow, Aug 18, 2003