    for a certain period of time, up to 15min. Any way I can simply make 1
    machine the masterbrowser? Sort of like STP root, cheat the election process?
    Thank you.

    Guest, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Go to Administrative Tools/Services and set the Computer Browser service to
    Manual on all but one machine. Reboot the machines. Stopping the computer
    browser service on a machine does not prevent it from browsing; it merely
    prevents it from participating in browser elections.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Jan 20, 2006

  3. Guest