    refreshing - as if I'm too stupid to do it myself, give me a pain when
    they lose my place on the page and I have to scroll to find it again.

    Netscape used to be able to do that.

    kenT, May 11, 2014

  2. kenT

    kenT Guest

    By the way, I meant "Any way". :eek:)

    kenT, May 11, 2014

  3. kenT

    Ralph Fox Guest

  4. kenT

    kenT Guest

    No, a redirect is not my problem. My problem is that certain news
    sites like Drudge have their pages automatically refresh themselves so
    the reader sees any updates that have been added to the page since the
    reader came to it. It's aggravating how often it happens while
    perusing the initial home page of a news site. I don't understand why
    Mozilla hasn't put in a way to stop this nonsense. Netscape had such
    a setting years back.

    kenT, May 12, 2014
  5. kenT

    Ralph Fox Guest

    The same Firefox setting applies to both redirects AND refreshes.
    If you read the setting, it says (my capitalization)

    Warn me when sites try to redirect OR RELOAD the page

    The "RELOAD" means refresh.

    The setting stops both refreshes and redirects. It worked the same
    in Netscape years back.

    Redirects have a delay before the redirect, just like refreshes.
    Redirects can use the same mechanism as refreshes. The one difference
    between a refresh and a redirect using this mechanism is whether the
    target URL is the same as the page you are already on.
    Stopping this mechanism stops refreshes as well as redirects.

    Ralph Fox, May 12, 2014
  6. kenT

    kenT Guest

    Good grief, Charley Brown! How in the hell did I miss that? I guess
    I quit reading after the word "redirect"? But after all this
    time....?

    Well, what in the bleep did you expect from a mumbler?

    Thanks!

    <slinks away in utter humiliation - mumbling, of course>

    kenT, May 12, 2014