Anyone want a Free Flat Screen TV/LCD!?!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bobbo, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. Bobbo

    Bobbo Guest

    Bobbo, Oct 5, 2004

  2. The Old Sourdough, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Succinct.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Nah, hit the wrong key and inadvertently posted.

    The Old Sourdough, Oct 5, 2004
  5. Bobbo

    Atreju Guest

    GARBAGE SNIPPED

    I keep seeing these scams. What do they actually accomplish?
    Does the owner harvest email addresses?
    Do they simply have a pay-per-click system that they're tricking
    people into clicking?

    I know they come in all varieties (I've seen 'free IPOD' and a bunch
    others) - I'm just curious what they actually stand to gain from
    getting suckers to click away.

    ---Atreju---

    Atreju, Oct 5, 2004
  6. You get your free flat panel, iPod, Sportster, Silver Cloud, whatever
    after you complete a few steps in a program. The steps include
    subscribing to several premium services or ordering products. Of course,
    it would be cheaper to just buy the prize. And of course, almost nobody
    anywhere ever actually receives the prize.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 6, 2004
  7. Bobbo

    Free Stuff Guest

    I've received my flat screen. The idea is that this company (Gratis)
    gets commissions for getting people to sign up for offers. They take
    part of this commission money to buy you your ipod or flat screen.
    And the offers you can sign up for are all free trials, so if you
    cancel during the trial, it doesn't cost anything.

    Still skeptical? Most people are. Check out
    http://www.solarstop.net/freestuff for evidence and details on this
    great offer. You owe it to yourself to just take a look...

    Free Stuff, Oct 8, 2004