    and if they're likely to drop this access like many other UK ISP's?
    Any comments about this and Virgin generally welcome, especially from anyone
    using them.

    Kenny, Mar 29, 2007

  2. Did you look into just using a free newsfeed?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 29, 2007

  3. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the reply, have tried free newsservers but they don't carry
    binaries.

    Kenny, Mar 29, 2007
  4. Kenny

    old man Guest

    I guess it might depend on what ng binaries
    I can access them on both ntl/virgin and other ng servers

    old man, Mar 29, 2007
  5. Kenny

    why? Guest

    Don't know non-cable, 1 or 2 of the low end broadband packages don't
    IIRc even have access to internal BY newsservers.
    Depends how you look at this,
    ex NTL now VM are on NTL newsservers,
    ex BY now VM are on BY newsservers.
    ex NTL / ex BY / others can see the new virginmedia groups.

    As for the BY binaries, forget it. low retention, no new groups added
    for 5 years at least, lots of missing bits. Some users still stick with
    it. I moved to Giagnews years ago and it's fantastic, so did many
    others.

    Me

    why?, Mar 29, 2007
  6. http://www.usenetserver.com mention skinnerjack to get me a credit