    adapter you use and where you bought it.

    I'd mainly use a 24, 28, and some short zooms

    Jay

    JJ, Jul 20, 2003

  2. What's the point? I've done it with a 50mm f1.4 Pentax lens, but apart from the
    "fascination" aspect I don't get it!

    Malcolm Stewart, Jul 20, 2003

  3. GEE, can I use one of my old screw mount Pentax lenses on my 10D? :)

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 20, 2003
  4. JJ

    Bob Salomon Guest

    The Novoflex EOS/NIK adapter works fine. But it is just a hunk of metal
    so all it does is put a Nikon lens on a Canon and let it be in focus at
    infinity. There are no meter or other electronic couplings.

    It is available from camera stores.

    Bob Salomon, Jul 20, 2003
  5. JJ

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    You get metering with an empty lens socket. The aperture is reported as
    00.

    JPS, Jul 21, 2003
  6. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Uh....I have a boat load of manual focus Nikon lenses and the D100
    won't meter with them. The heavy D1s will but instead of spending
    nearly $4k on it, I might as well buy a Canon 10D and 2 decent lenses.

    Jay

    JJ, Jul 21, 2003
  7. JJ

    Warren Jones Guest

    Yep. A $15 adaptor and I use a screw thread Pentax bellows and 100mm macro
    on my 10D. Also use a m42 400mm
    tele + 2x extender for lunar photography. Cheapest quality entry level kit
    for tele or macro for 10D for subjects that
    manual metering is OK for. Screw and T-Mount stuff today goes for a song,
    and those Takumars particularly were good!
    Warren

    Warren Jones, Jul 21, 2003