    attached to a eos 1ds .

    has anyone used it on a canon 10d ?

    gene

    REED BOXIN, Jan 9, 2004

  2. It's a fantastic lens
    http://photozone.de/2Equipment/easytxt.htm#Ztelel

    Here are some user reviews:
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=104&sort=7&thecat=29

    Canon 1Ds users rate it very low for AF problems inherent to the 1Ds body,
    other users (including 10D) report very fast and accurate AF. All objective
    reviews seem to agree it's the fastest, sharpest, best built 300mm range
    zoom available at any price, with the possible exception of the Sigma
    100-300 EX.

    But for a 10D, personally I would recommend taking a hard look at the Sigma
    70-300 APO. It's an exceptional performer for the money (see first link)
    and at only $200 it has to be one of the steals of all time. It's also much
    lighter. At f8 it holds its own with much pricer stuff, though the 120-300
    EX should outperform all of the lenses in this test...
    http://www.lightreflection.com/lenstests/lenstests70300/lenstests.70300.htm
    (be sure to scroll sideways)...

    George Preddy, Jan 11, 2004

  3. REED BOXIN

    REED BOXIN Guest

    thanks for taken the time to reply george, alot of good information there to
    look at .

    gene

    REED BOXIN, Jan 12, 2004
  4. REED BOXIN

    gsum Guest

    It would be better to spend the extra cash and stay with
    Canon. I have a Sigma lens for my D100 and, whilst
    the glass is ok, the body of the lens has several
    design faults and simply does not match my Nikon
    lenses for ruggedness. I certainly regret trying to
    ave a few quid by buying Sigma - false economy.

    Graham

    gsum, Jan 12, 2004
  5. You can't compare non-EX glass to other top of the line brands. EX glass is
    as well, or better, built than anything else on the market often at halve
    the price or much less. Canon users are the only ones who seem to have
    problems, often one body doesn't work right when others do, so you figure
    out who has the shoddy quality control.

    George Preddy, Jan 12, 2004
  6. REED BOXIN

    Crownfield Guest

    1-sigma lenses work with some canon bodies.
    2-all canon lenses work with all canon bodies.

    conclusion?

    sigma lenses are marginal.

    Crownfield, Jan 12, 2004
  7. But not with others, due to Canons quality control problems.
    Buy the better value regardless of camera choice. Sigma lenses either way.

    George Preddy, Jan 15, 2004