Anyone use the Kodak DX6340 Lens Adapter and Telephoto Lens?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Amyotte, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Amyotte

    Amyotte Guest

    I have a DX6340 and the whole family is enjoying it.

    The 4X optical is nice and clear but once I start using the digital zoom the
    picture quality drops noticeably.

    What added optical zoom can I expect using this setup?

    I am curious about the experience of others using the Kodak Lens adapter and
    the Kodak Retinar 37 mm Telephoto Lens.

    Was toying with buying the DX6490 before I bought this one but the extra
    dollars weren't there and did not want the dock.

    Before I spent the $$ I would like experiences, opinions and thoughts on
    this.

    TIA

    Brian

    Amyotte, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Amyotte

    Paige Miller Guest

    On Stardate 2/9/2004 5:17 PM, the following keys were mysteriously typed
    at Amyotte's keyboard...

    > I have a DX6340 and the whole family is enjoying it.
    >
    > The 4X optical is nice and clear but once I start using the digital zoom the
    > picture quality drops noticeably.

    Digital zoom does have this drawback

    > What added optical zoom can I expect using this setup?
    >
    > I am curious about the experience of others using the Kodak Lens adapter and
    > the Kodak Retinar 37 mm Telephoto Lens.

    I don't know about these lenses, but see below

    > Was toying with buying the DX6490 before I bought this one but the extra
    > dollars weren't there and did not want the dock.

    The Kodak DX6490 10X zoom is fabulous. I love it. Seems to me it would
    be worth the price if you are thinking about buying a new camera. The
    dock enables you to charge the batteries, as well as help you transfer
    the pictures, and to me is worth the money.

    > Before I spent the $$ I would like experiences, opinions and thoughts on
    > this.

    The DX6490 gets generally good reviews. I would opt for the complete
    system -- the DX6490 -- instead of a camera not designed for big zooms,
    augmented with lenses to increase its ability.

    --
    Paige Miller
    pmiller5 at rochester dot rr dot com

    It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
    If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
    I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

    Paige Miller, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Amyotte

    Amyotte Guest

    Thanks Paige

    But that wasn't what I was asking.

    I did get some sample pictures from a DX6490 owner before I bought and was
    really impressed. BUT I did not go that route due to the $$.

    Brian

    Amyotte, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Amyotte

    amyotte Guest