    this is just a glorified version of an FTP program that uses java...

    R Green
    Technical Support

    R Green - WoWsat.com, Aug 7, 2003

  2. R Green - WoWsat.com

    Clive Guest

    We have two site running Docushare. Nothing but problems in the 18 months we
    have had it. I'm the on site engineer and the scanning side of it is a
    nightmare, unstable, slow.

    I have nothing against Xerox and we have some great product from them, but
    Docushare isn't one of them.

    Clive

    Clive, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Oh wow... Thanks for the feedback... Xerox made it sound like *THE* program
    of the century...

    What our company is looking for is a program that is not OS dependent (ie.
    can install on *any* OS) and will allow various subsidiaries to access with
    their own password protected folders/sites (using SSL) to obtain their
    documentation... it seems like DocuShare is too good to be true as it also
    acts like a web template to allow my company to set up a website quickly and
    painlessly. Haven't heard of any security concerns with regards to this
    'program'...

    Any recommendations of other programs that would do the same?

    R Green
    Technical Support

    R Green - WoWsat.com, Aug 7, 2003
  4. R Green - WoWsat.com

    Clive Guest

    Not really. We now use a bespoke system for scanning. We have two NT
    servers as scanning servers and storing the companies documents. These are
    linked to our main Unix system which runs a bespoke database system. All
    Workstation (w95/98. w2k, NT) scan requests go through Unix database and on
    to the NT Scan servers.

    Clive

    Clive, Aug 7, 2003
  5. R Green - WoWsat.com

    Deacon

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello I am having a performance issue with DS 6.02. operations take minutes to perform Has anyone else had the same issue. We use 2003 servers

    Deacon, Sep 9, 2009