Anyone tried the new MS antivirus yet?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by olfart, Oct 8, 2009.

  1. olfart

    olfart Guest

    olfart, Oct 8, 2009

  2. olfart

    gangle Guest

    If it has "Microsoft" written on it, there's a 98% chance
    it sucks donkey turds.

    The End

    gangle, Oct 8, 2009

  3. What's do you have against donkey turds?

    Chicken Little, Oct 8, 2009
  4. olfart

    VanguardLH Guest

    Silent updates are a known problem with MSE. It happens on a lot of
    hosts. It happened when I trialed the product twice in a virtual
    machine. Considering that it doesn't prevent itself from termination,
    you'll probably want to find a better product.

    VanguardLH, Oct 8, 2009
  5. olfart

    housetrained Guest

    Yes. Updates auto using WIN7 EC
    p.s. Try to ignore the trolls

    housetrained, Oct 8, 2009
  6. olfart

    John Holmes Guest

    ~BD~ "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    LOL, that's a nice test case, right?

    John Holmes, Oct 8, 2009
  7. olfart

    G. Morgan Guest

    I tried Windows 7 and MS Security Essentials on an OLD HP laptop model 2190,
    64 MB shared video and 704 available RAM.

    Ran like shit... used 38% of the possessor most of the time (Celeron 2.1 GHz)

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2009
  8. olfart

    PeeCee Guest

    AMD 7750, 4GB RAM, Vista etc

    Installed MSE week ago, no problems other than detecting the remote control
    software in Tight VNC. (just allowed it)

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Oct 8, 2009
  9. olfart

    Jim S Guest

    Installed on XP SP3
    Uninstalled Avast and Windows Defender.
    Seems OK.
    My pc seems to open, run and close faster too.

    Jim S, Oct 9, 2009
  10. olfart

    John Holmes Guest

    ~BD~ "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    The implication is that I always install new software on a test computer
    in my lab before installing it on my main machines. Just to see what it
    does.

    If I'd use my wife's laptop for testing purposes I'd have to sleep in the
    basement.

    ;-)

    John Holmes, Oct 9, 2009